Blinded by Love | Teen Ink

Blinded by Love

December 13, 2010
By Lifeisabeach GOLD, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Lifeisabeach GOLD, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
18 articles 2 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Sometimes, good things fall apart so that better things can fall together.


There once was a girl whose blindness since birth had turned her attitude towards the world bitter cold. She hated everything and everyone except for her loving boyfriend who she promised she'd marry if only she could see.


One day, someone was generous enough to donate their eyes to the girl. After all those years without vision, the girl could finally see. She was thrilled and ready to marry her boyfriend until, with her new eyes, she saw that her boyfriend was also blind, so she told him, "I'm sorry, Boyfriend, but I just got these new eyes and I want someone who I can share all these beautiful sights with. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a blind person."


Her boyfriend was devastated. However, he loved the girl dearly and wanted nothing more than for her to be happy, so he decided he'd let her be, as she wished. But before walking away with tears where his eyes used to be, the boy left her with one last request: "Dear, whatever you do, please take care of my eyes."