The Daydream | Teen Ink

The Daydream

By smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington
smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington

"If you're lucky enough to be different from everyone else, don't change to be the same." ~Taylor Swift

Nobody knows what the future holds… that’s what I told myself as I tried to pull myself out of my daydream. The daydream made me feel dizzy, my stomach flipped, and my hands got clammy.

There I was… in his house. It was just me and him. I hadn’t been at his house since his party. He had the nicest house I’d ever seen. It was like a mansion. It had a large sweeping staircase that reminded me of the staircases that were in fairytales. It made the daydream even better. I would chase him around the house, then run up that staircase and lean over the balcony. He was sitting on the sofa in the room below, and looking up at me. “Come and get me!” I’d yell and laugh flirtatiously.

“Why?”

“Because I want you to!”

“But I’m lazy!”

“I’m not!” I smirked.

Then I saw him move. I took off fast to the game room. I closed the door behind me. I giggled as I leaned against the door, I could hear him coming towards the room. He was stronger than me; I couldn’t keep the door closed forever. I put all my weight against the door, trying to keep him out.

“Let me in!” He yelled, as he pushed against the door. I just giggled. After a little while, I gave in, just wanting to see his beautiful face. I let him in. Immediately he tickled me. That was my ‘punishment’ for keeping him out.

The day went on. He taught me how to play video games. I continued to remember how he said he thought it was sexy if a girl played video games. I wasn’t sure if he was joking, but either way I wanted to play video games with him. It gave us something more to do when we hung out.

“I want to see you dance.” He said to me. I hadn’t danced in ages. Nervous energy filled my veins. I had told him I would dance for him, but I wasn’t sure if I was serious. But for him, I would dance.

I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes at him and kicked my shoes off. I began a short dance routine. It consisted mainly of Grande jettes and pirouettes. The only things I could truly do correctly. But even that wasn’t nearly as graceful as it was supposed to be, and there wasn’t enough attitude for my liking.
When I finished, he looked up at me in wonderment. “That was awesome.” He said. Swiftly, he stood up, “will you dance with me?”

Breathlessly I murmured, “yes.” He put his hands around my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders. There was no music, which made it better. I could hear the beat of his heart and feel his soft and steady breathing. I rested my head on his chest, trying to get my head to stop spinning. I couldn’t believe this moment was happening to me. We swayed and moved around the room gently as I secretly wished we could stay in this moment forever.

After we danced, he looked at me romantically. I savored that moment because he’d never looked at me like that ever before. He lowered his face towards mine. I felt myself become more nervous. His lips pressed against mine, it was a moment I had been waiting for since the moment I had met him.

And then I remembered, it was just a daydream. That wasn’t how tomorrow would go. It would just be like every other time we’d hung out. No dancing. No kiss. No fairytale feeling. But knowing that nobody knows what the future holds gave me hope…

If only fairytales were real.

Thank you :)

Livvyluv203 SILVER, St. Clair Shore, Michigan

I really really like this :) 

Great job :D