Summer Full of Lemonade: Chapter 6 | Teen Ink

Summer Full of Lemonade: Chapter 6

January 16, 2011
By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
25 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the pen is mightier than the sword"


The next morning when I woke up Liam was already gone. I quickly got dressed and ran to the river. He was facing away from me and was sitting on a rock. Just seeing him made my heart skip a beat and have to smile. I made myself not to run to him. I made myself walk calmly. I sat down next to him. I hope I wasn’t sitting to close to creep him out.

“Hi.” I said trying not to show I had no breath. He smiled.

“Hey. Should I tell you first or will you?” I thought of me waiting as he told me and me exploding.

“I’ll go first.” Might as well admit it now.

“Okay. Spill.” I faced my knees. Then I muttered softly only loud enough for him to hear,

“You.” I snuck a peek at him. His face had fallen into unreadable.

“You don’t feel the same way do you? I’ll just go.” I got up and began to run away, but not to the house. To a huge field nearby. Liam didn’t follow me.

I let myself fall to the ground and then I sat up and held myself in a ball and cried.

Within a few minutes I heard footsteps behind me. Could it be him?

They put their arm around me protectively. They leaned down and whispered.

“I’m so sorry I made you feel like I didn’t care about you.” I thought it sounded a bit like Liam’s voice. But it couldn’t be. I looked up and saw Liam’s face, it really was him, a few inches away from mine. My eyes felt swollen. He smiled sadly and brushed a tear from my eye. A bit of my hair fell in my face. He pushed it back weaving his fingers through my hair.

“What do you really feel?” My voice was barely audible.

“This.” That one word ended the conversation and began the kiss. His hand was weaved in my hair and my hand was timidly resting on his neck, pulling him closer.

The kiss ended too soon. When we pulled away my cheeks were flushed and my lips felt swollen in the best way possible. His hair was messed around and my hair was tangled in the spot his hand had been. He rubbed my cheek with his thumb. My tears were dried.

“Is that a reasonable answer?” He asked.

“More than. That was... Amazing.” He smiled.

“Is it legal to feel that much in 5 minutes?” I smiled.

“If it wasn’t, it is now.” He smiled and kissed me again, but shorter this time. Then, slowly, he walked me back to the house. I felt, with his arm around me and the experience I had just had, I was floating and that I could not imagine that anyone could be happier.