Different Side of Me: Chapter One. | Teen Ink

Different Side of Me: Chapter One.

January 20, 2011
By PrincessBethyyy GOLD, Knoxville, Tennessee
PrincessBethyyy GOLD, Knoxville, Tennessee
15 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Being happy doesn't mean everythings perfect, it means looking past the imperfections in life." -Gerard Way.


They lay there, with their fingers intertwined and sly little smiles on their faces. His button up shirt was loosely clinging to him, the pink was reflecting on his pale face. Her long, dark auburn hair was laid out behind them and her head was making a heart shape with his. Neither of them was speaking a single word, because the moment was too perfect to ruin with any comments. The field was so high up that no one could see them out there all tangled together. He kissed her tan forehead and grabbed her other hand, and they just lay there, slowly drifting deeper into their dream world. All though the world they were in probably couldn’t get any better, they still tried. Both of them tried as hard as they could just to take each other to a better place, to get away from everything surrounding them.

At home, Rhea was yelled at, and criticized for everything she did. When she was at her home, she couldn’t do anything right. Her dad wasn’t in the home, but her mom married a man when she was in 3rd grade. She had never really accepted him into her life like all her brothers and sisters had. Speaking of her brothers and sisters, she had 8 of them. Her house was never calm, not even at two in the morning some nights. She was not the oldest in her house, but she was probably the most mature. That wasn’t surprising, though, considering her family was a whole jumble of immature people.

Peter was just the opposite of Rhea; his home was considered a “perfect” home. His parents were the rich, snobby type people, but they certainly didn’t pass that on to their son. Peter was one of the most polite boys that you would ever meet, he always did as he was told (that is when his parents had the time to tell him what to do), he never got in trouble, or had lived a poor life. Peter was the “trophy boy”.

Rhea traced hearts on the inside of Peter’s palms as he smiled and looked deeply into her until she finally looked back. His deep blue eyes met her muddy brown eyes and then her crimson lips met his pale lips for a long, sloppy, wet kiss. She smiled and he stopped while looking at her very intensely. It almost looked as if he was going to say “I love you, Rhea Ann.” But he didn’t. Peter kept staring intently into her eyes. She didn’t know what to do; was she supposed to kiss him again, or say something cutesy, or maybe even hug him. None of those sounded right, so she looked down at the grass. Rhea individualized every blade of that green, and somewhat browning, grass. If he kept being silent, she’d have a name for over 10 million blades of grass.

“I have to go, Rhea.” And with that, Peter Travens got up and walked off into the sunset. Before too long, he was running. Rhea sat, wondering, and pondering why he would do such a thing. They were having a good time, and she hadn’t said anything wrong. In fact, she hadn’t said anything at all, maybe that was the problem. Tears filled her coffee colored eyes, and she fell backwards, lying on the grass she had just recently named. Her eyes wandered among the sky, picking out clouds to try and get her mind off her troubles. Rhea didn’t want to go home, but she’d have to eventually. She supposed that she would cry now, so when she got home her parents wouldn’t have to pay much attention to her, and they could take care of the little ones. Rhea was always thinking of other people.

Peter was running, and running, until finally he thought he was far enough from his enticing soul mate. He didn’t want to leave her, but it was necessary. He was walking now, at a fast pace. He could never be too careful. Finally, he hit the woods and started running into them. He passed bunny rabbits sniffing the ground, and even a deer or two. They all didn’t mind him. He kept running, trying to get somewhere desperately. When, out of nowhere, it happened.