The Wall | Teen Ink

The Wall

By smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington
smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington

"If you're lucky enough to be different from everyone else, don't change to be the same." ~Taylor Swift

Can’t you see it? Can’t you feel it? Can’t you realize it? I know I’m not just imagining things, right? There’s a wall there. It’s right between us. It’s a thin wall but it’s strong. It can keep things that aren’t supposed to go through from passing. I wish that wall would break down. Can’t you see it? It’s there, I swear.

Can’t you tell I want so badly to throw my arms around you in a sweet embrace every morning when I see you? I want to feel you in my arms. I want you to except the way I feel. I want you to be there. I want the wall to go away. I want to break through the wall and let you see me for who I am, the feelings from my heart need to be seen to, I need you to see those feelings too. I need to break through that wall.

That wall. It makes it feel like my feelings bounce back at me like a boomerang. It’s not a good feeling. I try to show you, and you push me away. As we sit next to each other on the sofa I caress my thumb on your wrist… Bad move, I know it immediately when you ask “what was that?” Once more, you push me away, and that wall becomes more present. Can’t you tell that it’s there? Won’t you help me break it down? I know those feelings are there. I just know. But why won’t you show them?
I want to fall to my knees and tell you how I feel. I want you to know. I want to know if you can see it when I look at you. I want to know if you can tell that I am hopelessly in love with you. Yeah, I’m hopeless. I know I am. I’m hopeless because I won’t break down the wall by myself. But then again, that wall is so strong that it must be taken down by more than one person. So won’t you help me take down the wall?

Ever felt like there's a wall between you and the person you love? That wall keeps the true feelings away? Well, that's what this story is supposed to describe.

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Great work with the beginning, but it stopped flowing after that and nothing is happening. Try to put more action into it.