I Fake A Smile | Teen Ink

I Fake A Smile

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Those deep grey eyes look into my eyes. As usual, my heart stops beating. I can't breathe. He walks closer and closer towards me. Do I look okay? I'm so scared.
I wonder if he feels the same way I do. We've been best friends for about a year ago. Everybody always says that the best relationships come out of friendships. Could we be like that?
When he gets close enough, he wraps his arm around me in an awkward embrace. "Are you ready to go to class?"
"Yeah, Dad." I called him Dad all the time. We both had our baby class together, and we were paired as partners. He's the dad, and I'm the mom. Kind of ironic, now that I think about it. He laughs at my little remark.
"Don't kill our baby today, okay?" He laughs at me. Of course. Yesterday I had accidentally dropped the baby, and the teacher told me that I had killed it. Now that was Dan's little joke now. He will never let it go.
We start walking to class together. He has his hand on my back, leading me with the simple touch. He always does that when we go to class together. The touch sends sparks on my skin. I look over at him, and he smiles at me.
Then my boyfriend appears right in front of me. He bends down to kiss me, and the he gives me a hug. I look over at Dan, and see that the smile is gone from his face, and he looks sad. I look at my boyfriend, and fake a smile. I fake a smile every day, every time, and every moment that I'm with him. I don't love him. I love Dan. So, now what?

So, I have a boyfriend that really loves me, but I love one of my best friends. I couldn't keep it bottled up inside anymore, so I decided to write about it. Hope you guys like it!

msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

oh my goodness girl! i'm going through the same freaking thing! you've probably heard this a million times but follow your heart. your heart knows what you want and will not let you down. obviously the guy that you love, likes you a lot too so i would go with him. i was talking to my best friend about the situation and she told me the same thing. she also told me that i can only make myself happy. if your boyfriend really loves you then he will want you to be happy, even if it means not being with him. be completely honest with him though, tell him about your feelings for this other guy and if he loves you then he will understand. stay strong! good luck:)

P@inLe55 PLATINUM, Poteet, Texas

Be your self and have fun, for you only live once

Wow the way u wrote it really brings the writing to life.

Thank you. (: And don't worry, I'm southern too. And will do. (:

LittleMiss said...
LittleMiss, Jackson, Mississippi

The pen is mightier than the sword

I love this like A LOT your an amazing author. You have a future in this hun (sorry I'm southern I write the way I talk when it's to people) I hope you never give this up it's amazing. Could you look at my stuff please?

singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

I really, really enjoyed this :) 

Believe me...I bet many girls can relate to this! If you do have a really good idea to branch off of this, then take it! AND YOUR NOVEL WILL BE SPECTACULAR <3 

Thanks :D please check out and comment on my articles if you have a chance?? THANKS A TON!!!

morgankathleen19 BRONZE, Rockton, Illinois

"Why would you want to be anyone else, when you could be yourself?"

i thought this was a really great piece and i think that you could actually base a really amazing novel off of this! and, writing a book about it might help you solve what your dealing with (yes i read the authrs note lol). :)