You're So Easy | Teen Ink

You're So Easy

By rachelchace DIAMOND, Stratford, Connecticut
rachelchace DIAMOND, Stratford, Connecticut

"If everyone were perfect, Individuality would be extinct." -Rachel Chace (me)

Let’s all fall in love, let’s tell ourselves it’s worth it; Even if love is the very thing that has erased our faith. Promise me it’s alright. Travel down this road; take all your rights and lefts on a spiraling path to success. Is it? Making mistakes seems like a given, the single most simple thing one can do. Can that smile really make it all better, even if it’s wrong?

Look out the window, breathe in the clear air let it trickle down your throat. Forget your fears, all the complications, and tears. A fresh new start, just take another sip, your glass remains half full and never an inch empty. Just keep filling its contents each day, turn the page, and write your own story.
As for love, take his hand, feel the shivers run down your spine when you look into his eyes. Kiss her lips, just another step forward. Let him guide you along this path. Watch her follow, watch her laugh. With a smile just like a ray of sunshine, a tiny glance and he’ll light up her world. Inevitably that smile fixes every broken piece of her, and sealed it perfectly back together. Once more, please never loose my grip. Forever I’ll hold on and never fall loose to your lips. His words like promises, or the very definition of a lie?

What is love? Do you hear me? My heart is beating, so loud it scares me. There is no violence in a world so kind. Not a single string of hate flows through the wind. When the darkness fails not to awake that’s when all this happiness will break. The air gets thicker and the oxygen hard to swallow. The sunshine is like coal burning dark coated fumes into the atmosphere. The road to success will be lost in the wilderness and everything around her will for her to long for his kiss. Again, everything that fixed her, and healed her, is tearing her apart. Losing his grip, she lost her own. She can’t pull this world together all on her own. Hands empty, nothing to hold onto, not even her own heart.

Now tell me what is hate? Can we conceive such a monster of impurity into our minds? Please don’t release it, my heart is fragile and dear that’s not kind. I can tell he meant no harm. Or is that just a pure disguise he contrived? What’s on your mind? What has our world become? You promised to never let it slip straight through our fingers, fall right through these cracks in my hands that your once filled with such perfection. I miss the smile that made my entire world fill with light. Now my bright world is filled purely with night.
Crawling across the mist and dark waters, she saw it, the gleam of light flowing from the far lands. A gleam she knew so well, the stream of vibrancy that flowed from his smile. She thought to herself, “Could this be him?” In that moment, all her thoughts of doubt ceased. Could falling in love be this easy?

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I love how you write it's really pretty!!!!! Keep writing!!!! :D