Tutored to be Loved Chapter 7: To Be With You | Teen Ink

Tutored to be Loved Chapter 7: To Be With You

March 11, 2011
By chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois
chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois
48 articles 10 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Stop waiting and be free. Of me- put me deep inside you and then go out in the world and live. Love the world and yourself in it, move through it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element." -The Time Traveler's Wife


Sean and Mandy were by Sean’s locker, and I hid behind the trash can to see what was going on. Mandy’s looked lost, as if she were in Algebra. Her eyes became red as Sean held her hand and gazed at her in an apologetic way. I couldn’t read their lips or hear what they were saying. But I knew what this was. The break up. He walked away and smiled brightly at me. Now I felt like I was in Algebra. I was so lost.

“What just happened?” I asked as I finally stood up.

“I am officially single. “ He beamed.

“Good for you! Pizza at my place, tonight? To celebrate your freedom?” I smiled back at him because his smile was so gorgeous.

“Sure thing.” He put his arm around me while walking to our next class together. I loved the Aeropostale cologne he was wearing. I loved being with him. Everything would be okay.


Once classes ended, I glowed. As I walked to my locker, Mandy approached me.

“Lizard.” That was the name she called me. “Why did you steal MY boyfriend?” I froze. I didn’t know what to say.

“What are you talking about? He’s my good friend.” She rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, right. Why did you convince him to break up with me?” She demanded. Mandy pushed me against my locker. My head ached.

“I didn’t! He’s just miserable because all you wanted was sex with him.” I regretted saying that. Mandy’s dark eyes bulged out of her eyes like sockets.

“What did you say?” She was chest to chest with me.

“You heard me.” I told her. Mandy then grabbed her fist and aimed it towards my stomach. I let her. My head and my stomach throbbed horribly. She then laughed and walked away. Where is Sean? I asked myself. I moved myself down onto the floor. I didn’t care anymore. I closed my eyes and pictured myself in Italy.

“Lily?” I heard Sean’s soothing, low octave voice. “Lily?” I opened my eyes carefully and saw him. I was confused.
“What is going on?” I asked him while motioning myself up. I tried to- but my head and stomach hurt horribly. I’m a petite, weak person. Sean noticed I was in pain.
“What happened?” I groaned in pain. I didn’t want to tell him. He picked me up and carried me to his truck. See, this is only supposed to happen in a wedding. But this is reality. I’m not supposed to be in pain. I’m supposed to be in love.
As we went into his truck, he laid me down in his back seat, and my head rested on his legs.
“Why are girls so jealous?”
“What do you mean?” He became concerned.
“Your ex-girlfriend of yours hurt me.” Sean became tense. I shouldn’t have told him. He finger stroke through my hair while waiting for me to continue. “Never mind, it will be okay.” I got up slowly and sat next to him. The moon started to rise.
“No, Lily. Tell me what she did.”
“Trust me. It’s no big deal.”
“Lily Robins. Tell me.” He gave me the death look. I gave up and told him everything. I then started to cry on his shoulder.
“Why did you have to break up with her?” I sobbed. “She’s going to make me miserable even more, now. Just go back to her.” He comforted me by whisper, “Shh, Lily. I’m here for you.” I didn’t believe him until I looked back up at his gorgeous eyes. Our eyes met and he leaned forward to me. As he crept over until our noses touched, I kissed him. I kissed Sean Adams. My heart was about to beat out of my chest, and my butterflies- they went wild. My mind was spinning in circles. As we let go, I went back in. I loved the feeling of his lips touching mine. We continued the make-out session until my head started to pound and tinge again.
After our adrenaline stopped, he said, “That’s why I broke up with her. I want to be with you.”