Welcome (part 7) | Teen Ink

Welcome (part 7)

By KatreenaMarie PLATINUM, Fresno, California
KatreenaMarie PLATINUM, Fresno, California

"We will fight, or we will fall, until the angels save us all"
Hollywood Undead

I hope the rain and fog are enough to hide me as I try to escape back to my 2nd period classroom, when I hear someone call, "Rosslynne Michele Atwoods! Come here please."

"It's Rose. Just Rose. And how the f*ck do you know my full name. I never told you. Oh, let me guess, your new 'best friend' Alicia told you, right? What do you want now, Andrew? YOu have fully creeped me out enough for the day. I just want to go home already, and get all the pain and -"

I stop. I almost gave away my secret. The very thing I have hidden all my life, and I almost just given it away to a complete stranger who somehow saved my life for someunkown reason 2 years ago, but he "just moved to town a few weeks ago." And why is he arguing with my ex-boyfriend?!

Daniel looks at me with obvious disdain clouding his eyes. He looks at Andrew, as if to ask, "Must we continue this?"

Andrew just responds,"Daniel here keeps saying you had sex with him, but you got pregnant by someone else. Is this true?"

I shake my head no.

"I thought not, you never had sex with her, and you need to shut your mouth. Remeber, you dumped her, not the other way around. You left her, so you need to leave her alone. If I catch word of any more of your bullsh*t you won't have a tongue to talk with for a looooooooong time." Andrew winks at Daniel and puts his arm around me as he begins walking me back to class. We aren't even halfway there when he looks over and notices that my white T-shirt now showcases my red bra to the world. He stops, takes off his hoodie, and hands it to me.

I take it with an unspoken thank you, but I do take his hand, for the first time that day. He looks at our hands, linked together and smiles. I don't know why. My nails are ragged from me biting them, the fingertips scarred from stomach acid being forced up my esophogas. My hands are scratched up...or, they were. I pull my hand back and inspect my hands, the nails are perfect ovals, unbitten, unbroken. Nail polish no longer chipping off. My scars from my battles with Mia and Ana no longer there. I scrunch the sleeves of the hoodie upwards with a frantic desperation. I have to see. I have to see.

They are gone. My fresh wound from this morning, that were still bleeding only 2 hours ago, are completely healed, with no sign of any scarring, past or present. My body is whole once again. The same flawless skin I had before my mother abandoned me is back.

I look at Andrew with tears filling my eyes, or maybe it's just rain. It doesn't matter. I feel the hot anger pour from my tongue. He has taken the things I hold most dear. The only things that show me that my memories are real. That i'm not just in a dream. The only things, besides my journals that keep me sane.

"You took them! You b****ard."

And with those 5 words as my goodby, it is now my turn to run. My turn to flee that which I don't understand.