Welcome (part 9) | Teen Ink

Welcome (part 9)

By KatreenaMarie PLATINUM, Fresno, California
KatreenaMarie PLATINUM, Fresno, California

"We will fight, or we will fall, until the angels save us all"
Hollywood Undead

Who would have written in my journal but me? But that's my hand writing...or is it?

I rip the page out and crumple it in my hand. I judge the shot and SWISH! well, not actually, but I do make the garbage can basket. This immediately makes me feel cool, even if it's just for a moment.

I settle back in my chair as I clear my mind and just write...

44 minutes later, the bell rings, and once again we are herded like cattle to our classes. Moooo!

I hear Andrew's laugh, and I hear him mutter, "Moo," under his breath. I whip my head around, but I don't see him anywhere. I continue walking, slightly weirded out by this feeling that I am being watched.

I make it into fourth period with no other sign of Andrew, until, "Class, we have a new student. This is Andrew."

"Sh*t!"

"Rose! Watch it! At least pretend to be normal.We don't want to scare off the new student."

I mummble to myself about what I'd really like to do to the new student, but I pull out my notebook again, and as I'm about to go over what I had just written I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Did you get my poem?"

Of course it's from Andrew. But how was it in MY handwriting? He just laughs and looks forward, and then i begin to hear them. There are voices in my head. Well, one voice. I push it to the back of my mind, reading over the page I wrote last period.

Beware the bright eyed stranger;
He knows not the sorrow he brings.
Keep that which you value most away;
or His "help" will lose these things.

I'm puzzled, until I reread it. D*mn. It's right. Andrew equals stranger. I held his hand, and he took my scars. Well, isn't this dandy.

I hear the voice again, "What do you want Andrew!" I snap at that buzzing person in the back of my brain.

"I'm sorry."

I write a note, "Don't be, you were only trying to help. I need you to explain what the h*ll is going on though."

He responds, "It's only fair."

It's my handwriting.