"Antebllum Amongst the Abyss" | Teen Ink

"Antebllum Amongst the Abyss"

By Giggletard123082846 BRONZE, Wiggins, Colorado
Giggletard123082846 BRONZE, Wiggins, Colorado

"my soul is stuck somewhere between a fuzzy pink scarf and a strait jacket"

Antebellum and Abyss lay under a blanket of stars, sprinkled heavily with glowing, alabaster stars. They are each abiding for Antebellum's words to break the prolonging silence. Abyss stares at Antebellum intensly. He's trying to disect her from the inside out. He's waiting for her to say it. The words he anticipates she has and wants to unbridle from her heart. He bears a deep sadnes from within. Antebllum gazes at Abyss sweetly. Sadness resides with a deep expanding agony, it will eventually prostrate him. Suffering. At last, Antebellum releases the five truest words she had ever bestowed faith in a single smooth, gossamer whisper.

"I would die for you."

The nxt day Abyss is walking towards Antebellum. Each movement is filled with dread for what he would commence to speak of. Antebellum recognizes the expression, and Abyss gives her time to absorb all the possible scenerios as to what could be wrong. Her smile fades away.

"Abyss, what's wr-"

What happened next was a blur to her. she felt so many diffrent emotions at once. So much..........emptiness inside.

"Antebellum," his voice cracks,"I am so sorry, I fell in love with another girl. I didn't mean to_it just happened.....I fell in love with Sara after you . Soooooo, we're done. I'm so sorry. I'll always love you as my little sister at the least." He turned on his heel.

And he was gone.

She watched as his ominescent figure gradually died down fthrough glazed, unseeing eyes. Then, she spoke words only he could have heard, had he not left.

"I would die for you."

Antebellum began home. She could no loger see through what she thought of as tear kissed eyes.

She wasn't at school the next day, or rather,she was absent the entire week. She was at home setting, and lighting, hundreds of thousands of crimson candles throughout her bedroom. THe sticky scent of roses claimed the air as their own. Yes, they were dying as quickly and dramatically as she.

That same moment that she had lit the last candle, Abyss lay on his bed. Boredom creeping its way through his veins. He seemed to realize something and picked up th phone. He slammed his fingers on the numbers by habit rather than knowing.

It rang one.

Twice.

Three times.

The other line clicks.

"Hello?" Her voice came out hesitant and was tinged with sadness.

"Antebellum?"

"Speaking."

"I made a mistake. You were the best thing that has ever been mine. You literally took my hand and pulled me through thick and thin, and all you asked of me was that I love you. In return I decieved you and broke so many things. Including your heart. I only thought I was in love with Sara. I'm sorry_" he paused as if searching for the right thing to say and seeming to give up, " I was confused, that's all baby.Can you forgive me?"

"It's too late." she whispered.
The line clicked, signalling the end of the call.

An enraged Abyss had questions pounding through his skull. Had she moved on? If so, who was she with? and Did he really hurt her that badly?

Infuriated by the idea that she had found someone else, he furiously rushed to her house. The door had been left ajar, he heard no one and walked inside.He gasped and dropped to his knees. There, before him lay a peaceful corpse all decked out in black and red leathers among blood stained rose petals and half burned crimson luminescent candles. Before he lost all sight of his surroundings he caugt sight of the wall above her. In blood she had written her prophesy:

"My soul is broken,

It is not spoken,

But it is always there,

My love is amongst the Abyss,

Ruins that no longer

Care.

I would die for you."

With that he took the very blade that mercilessly stole his love's life, resolving to take his own. Now there he lay his last breathe in rythme with the Antebellum. The song now sings of Antebellum amongst the Abyss.

My english teacher gave us a prompt saying that we could choose to write about our feelings toward somone, or something. This was the outcome of what I could not say.

sa4m said...
You know, I'm thinking of making it into a weird book. :p

13Tears BRONZE said...
13Tears BRONZE, Wiggins, Colorado

You have to walk through Hell to get to Heaven.

Good story wish i could know more. You should try to write a sequal to it it may do well