The 1st Day: Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The 1st Day: Chapter 1

By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California

"the pen is mightier than the sword"

It started out sweet and simple. They met on the first day of school. Jen had chestnut colored hair and green eyes. Matt had chocolate colored hair and the eyes the color of the afternoon sky.
---

I left her house that day with a heavy heart. I hadn't wanted to move. But now I was living in a too perfect house that was buttery yellow and had a huge sycamore tree out in front. It was the crown of suberbia. I hated it with all my heart.
---

I left my house nervously. I looked around just in case some girl was around. I had a lot of that. I got to his car safely though. But when I got to school the usual cheerleaders swarmed within three feet of him. I was able to ditch them though and ran into a girl with chestnut hair.
---

As I was walking up to the high school some guy ran into me. I dropped my books and instantly went to pick them up. He went to help me to.

“Sorry. Just those girls. So annoying.”

“It's okay.” I didn't care. It was an accident. “Why were they, I don't know, stalking you?” He laughed and handed me my books. He had really blue eyes.

“Daily occurrence.”

“Why?” He shrugged.

“How should I know?” I laughed.

“Well thanks. I'm Jennifer by the way, but preferably Jen.” He smiled.

“Okay, Jen, not Jennifer. I'm Matt.”

“Matt, nice name. What do you have first?”

“English, unfortunately.”

“What's so wrong with English?”

“5 words. Meanest teacher in the world.”

“Ugh, that does suck.” He nodded and they went into the school.
---

So I just had the most amazing moment in his life. The girl I bumped into is the most beautiful girl ever and has the greatest sense of humor I've ever seen. She's wow, just wow. I told her about the evil English teacher and all the stuff. 'Wow,' I thought, 'I'm BORING!'

I walked her into the classroom and sat next to her. The teacher began and all that knew her groaned at her usual tricks and tries at jokes. The 1st day of school for me was a disaster except for the part where I met Katie. That part was good.
---

The 1st day of school sucked!

I wrote this piece to be short and sweet. Nothing special or exactly life-changing.