Notice | Teen Ink

Notice

April 11, 2011
By Luna1 SILVER, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Luna1 SILVER, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
9 articles 0 photos 109 comments

Favorite Quote:
Bite Me


People have different ways of writing. You know it by which phrases they like to use, or how they describe things, the writing goes into detail or explains something, or makes you marvel at the picture in your head. I like calling them fingerprints, or signatures. Both of those have something distinct about them, something different. It can't be copied by hand because there is always the slightest detail missing; the way that person makes a loop for the Gs or how dark they print it on the paper. How the lines on the individuals thumb all curve slightly to the left compared how the lines all curved to the right on another person's thumb. There are little things about how people notice things, or actions of other human beings, or not so human beings. I love to see how everybody is different in the tiniest way, and notice when they do it, and who they do it to. Oddly, one person smiles to me more quickly than other people do when I say something funny, or have an odd expression on my face, or just do something to please people. That's the thing I noticed about him. Odd was the right word. That's who I am. Slowly, my days progressed as I saw him everyday and every time it seemed as if his smiles have gotten wider. Impossible I thought. He already smiled as much as his mouth would allow. No more room for his smile to spread on his face.
Yet it kept growing wider.
Then something new changed in his already abnormal behavior. He went right up to me and asked if he could have a walk with me for a while. He seemed fairly harmless, and if he tried anything, then I could unleash my hidden violent side in me, and I was not untrained in self defense. So I simply said, "Alright." with a smile on my face because I truly didn't want to hurt him. We went for a walk in the park which was beautiful. It had a small pond with a mini waterfall connected to it. The flowers growing there were well kept and my favorite-roses. It had a tree with flowers blooming and a bench underneath it and the whole scene was beautiful because it was midday and the water in the pond was reflecting the sun's shine like tiny diamonds. We sat under the tree and he smiled. It was the widest smile he ever gave me and it fit his face which puzzled me, but made me happy because his smile was so radiant, so perfect, it made me shiver. He said to me, "Annette," that was my name which fit me as many people said. "when I look at you my heart flies. There is no corner in my mind that is not filled with a thought of you. I see you everyday and you are so observant of everyone but yourself." At this point I stopped breathing because he stunned me. I never expected an all-out confession of his feelings for me. I didn't think he had any feelings for me! This was impossible! Never once did I ever think someone would like me more than a friend. I didn't think it fits my personality at all. "You see more than anybody I have ever known and my mind goes crazy in finding a way to make you smile because when you smile, Annette, I swear it lights up the room with your eyes as the spark. Annette, will you go out with me?" I thought for a second he was going to propose to me instead of that. Which scared me because knowing the fact that someone could actually like me more than just a friend, and a proposal would just make me have a seizure. Although right now in the state I'm in, I think that just might happen. Since he was waiting for an answer, I quickly found reasons in my mind to see why I would say yes. I came up with three; One, he noticed me and just confessed how he felt about me which impressed me. Two, he was loyal to his friends, goodhearted, has manners of a gentleman that didn't belong in this era, or for that matter, in this reality since he seemed to come out of a fairytale, and three, there was something in my subconscious that screamed "YES!" and immediately I felt a strong connection with him which just confused me because I can't physically feel 'connected' to him. Oh, my mistake, that was four. Since I made four reasons, and one I didn't even realize until a little after that I made up four reasons, I said yes. Abruptly I felt something soft on my lips with some pressure and an urgency to be loved, and needed. I realized then that he was kissing me and I was insanely kissing him, our minds linked, which didn't make sense because minds couldn't 'link.' But I was far beyond making sense because I couldn't anymore and was wrapped in the kiss while he was caressing my back and pulling me closer to him fiercely, but gently. Unfortunately I had to gasp for air. It occurred to me that I haven't even once thought of his name. Only him, his essence, his personality, and words, and the things I notice about him. "Allas, would you meet me same place here, tomorrow? At the same time?"
"Of course I will, Annette."
"Great." I smiled and we kissed some more. I noticed he wanted to kiss me more now, hold me more closely, and I wanted the same. I also noticed that we met here everyday, same place and time. Once he said the he noticed something. He said, "Annette, I noticed that since you're so observant of everyone else, I thought maybe for a change that someone else will notice you. I will always notice you, and observe you for as long as I live." That made me smile and kiss him more, and as long as he lived, he noticed me, which gave me less time to notice something about everything else.