Noah, The Average | Teen Ink

Noah, The Average

By Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri
Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

“Where are we going?” I asked, my hands covering Noah’s hands, which covered my eyes. He was close to me, I could feel the heat radiating from his body as he led me along, slowly.

“Almost there, don’t peek.” I could almost here his grin. After a few more steps Noah stopped me and whispered in my ear. “Now you can look.” He removed his hands, and mine fell to my sides. We were in the park at the top of Sunset Hill, and the sun was shining on me and him. It was slowly sinking towards the ground. Noah’s hand slipped into mine and I turned to look at him. Noah was cute, to me. To everyone else, he was average. He had wild black hair, light brown eyes and long eye lashes. He was tall, a foot taller than me. He leaned down towards me, and I lifted my self up onto my toes. Then everything paused, and a loud annoying buzzing sound came from the sky.

I rolled over in my bed, crushing my perfect dream, and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes, groaning at I sat up. The Noah in my dream was so perfect. Real Noah looked the same as him, but was completely different. Noah was mean. He hung out with the lowest, worst crowd, and he did things I couldn’t imagine doing myself. But somewhere in my heart, I loved him.

I got out of bed, a little more energetic at the thought of it being Friday and seeing Noah. Hopefully, we could go see a movie with a sunset in it, because I’m not sure Noah knows how romantic it would be to see a real sunset together. He probably doesn’t care.

I parked my car in my usual spot and turn off the ignition. People stood in front of the school, some by their cars. I got out and headed towards the school. Noah, who I was in fact dating, would be hanging out by the old locker rooms, smoking with his pals. I would wait and see him after 2nd hour. He surprised me by waiting just inside the school doors.

“Hey,” he waved me over, and like an eager puppy I hurried over to him. He wrapped his arms around me in a big hug, hi mouth kissing my cheek. My heart wanted to exploded, because this was the over average Noah I loved. “I’m sorry, I have things to do tonight. I’ll see you tomorrow, though,” he whispered it in my ear, and the smell of smoke made my heart shrivel up.

“What? I thought we were going to see a movie,” I stepped back from him, letting his arms fall to his sides.

“I said I was sorry,” he shrugged and put his arm around me, leading me down the hall. He changed the subject.

“Your hair looks nice.” He said this to me everyday, but it did feel good to hear.

“Thanks, your’s too,” I said reaching up and messing it up. His wild hair never looked combed. He just slid his arm from my shoulder to around my waist, pulling my closer to him. All I could do was smile.

Please comment. This was just a quick type.

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

He's suppose to be that way.  He wants to stay the same, but wants to change (a little) for the girl.

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

This seems contradicting, and its hard to love Noah as a reader when the character is so confused. Is there more to this story, because it leaves the reader wanting more.