Aspiration | Teen Ink

Aspiration

By LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"I admire the concept of selling your soul for the sake of an unforgettable performance"

I see trees. Tons of trees. To my left I hear a faint trickle of water. It's a stream. A little stream. A stream full of hopes and dreams. One day it shall be a great river. There's tons of earth below my feet. Grass and dirt all around me. Every now and then, little insects tickle the palms of my feet as they crawl to and fro. They are carrying leaves and twigs for their homes. Their little homes so quiant, and here I stand, on top of their little village. I'm an imposter. I've ruined their little houses, all their hard work. To them, I'm nothing but a mere monster, crushing everything they've ever wanted to be. Everything they wouldv'e been. I'm cold and heartless. Step by step, I move closer towards my destination. My goal is the bright light in the distance. It seems so far yet so close. As if I can almost touch it. I have no food for my journey. I havn't eatten in days. I'm much past the point of being parched. My lips have already begun to crack. I'm so thirsty. I thought about letting my hands down into the little stream beside me. Into the sparkly, clear blue waters beside me, and lapping up some water into my mouth. It looks cool to the touch, but that's not what I long for. I'm not thirsty for water. I need something more. Something more than what this land can ever provide for me. Everybody seems so prosperous in this land. As for me, I'm just walking through. I'm nothing but a tourist. A tourist walking through. I'm a stranger in this foreign land. Nobody knows me here, nor do I know anyone. Or at least, I don't think so? I'm getting so close to the light, I think. I don't know what's so special about this light? It may not be of any value what-so-ever as far as I'm concerned, and I happen to be very concerned. There's just something in my head telling me to reach my goal-the light. It's almost like a voice. It's as if there were road signs, and they were all pointing to the light. I'm so cold. There's a cool breeze that sweeps across the tip of my face in slow motion. It feels so nice but it also feels like my face has frozen solid. I felt my face to make sure it didn't go numb. Sure enough, it was warm, smooth, and soft. I must've been dreaming. It must have all been a dream...maybe this land was a dream? Perhaps this was all in my head, perhaps I had just entered my imagination while in deep slumber.. Perhaps that's why I longed so very much to reach my destination? Perhaps that was an exit. An exit from my head? Maybe it led to sanity? Oh how I wanted to be sane again! Oh what I'd give to be sane! Perhaps that's why I wanted the light? Yes, that makes sense. All of these things I questioned myself as I kept my slow and ongoing journey towards the light...to sanity. All of a sudden I heard a noise. I only take interest in joyful noises. Sweet, sweet sounds are what I love to hear, but this noise was nothing like I had just described at all. It was quite the opposite. It must have been very awful, because I never want to hear it ever again. What and awful sound. I suddenly screamed out of fear and began to run for what I thought was my life. I felt as if I was being chased. I don't know who (or what) or even why? I was just being chased, and I was too frightened to look behind me to see who would be chasing me, or if I was even being chased at all for that matter. So I just continued to run. I think running was one of my favorite things to do? I'd forgotton how much running meant to me, and in this instance, it could very well have saved my life! Who knows, I was too much of a chicken to find out! I ran even faster but it seemed like the light wasn't getting any closer. I picked up my pace but everything still seemed like it was in slow motion, or just...stopped. Nothing made any sense in this land! I had completely lost all faith in the light. Apparently I was running so fast that I wasn't looking where I was placing my steps and suddenly felt the cold, soft earth leave my feet below me. I soon realized that I was falling, but it felt more like I was flying. That amazing sensation of flying soon ended with a big thump. I made a huge thump sound, but surprisingly I was okay. Now I was lost. I had no idea where I was? Then again, I didn't know where I was before...
Well, I knew I was stuck. It was even colder and darker than I had remembered it. I felt my environment around me and there were walls surrounding my being. Now the light was above me, but I'm pretty sure that was the sky...
That's it. My journey had ended. My fate had began. I was to die, all by myself. A cruel, and slow, painful death. All cold and lonely in this dark pit. All of a sudden I felt little, cold streams of water scrape away at my cheeks. I think I was crying? I'd given up. All my dreams were shattered. If, of course, I'd even had any! I thought it was all over when I heard a faint tapping coming from the ground obove me. It got louder, and louder. Immediately I began to panic! I thought it was the thing that was chasing me earlier. The thing that caused me to get in this state in the first place. Of course! It was a trap! It was all a trap! Certainly I was gone for good by now. My enemy had found me! I was about to witness the doom of my own fate in just a minute or two at only age 16! My heart pounded in and out of my chest, or, at least that's what it felt like! I was about to scream when I saw a hand reach down from the light above as it covered my mouth. It felt warm, strong, and soft. With it's other arm it grabbed my side and lifted me out of the ditch. It set me down on a tall, four legged creature much like a horse. I was sitting right behind my enemy on the creature. It (my enemy) suddenly turned it's head to look at me and give a soft smile. Why, this was no "it"! It was a young man! It wasn't long before I realized he had come to save me. I only got a vague view of his face because he had wrapped himself with bulky cloak and his head was hidden by an oversized hood. He had deep, dark brown eyes. His eyes looked so gentle. His hair was dark brown.His complextion was also quite dark. His lips looked as if they had only spoken my name. I knew I could trust him. I don't know who he was, or I don't think so? He was so mysterious. Without a word, he told the creature to ride on. We rode forwards. Why, we were riding towards my destination! We were riding towards the light! Within a few seconds, we had reached the light. All I had to do was reach out my hand. The young man turned around and looked me straight in my eyes. He smiled, as did I followed. I told him I loved him, and I thanked him for everything. His soft smile got bigger as he slowly leaned in towrds my face. He didn't stop till our lips met. What's this? Were we "kissing"? Yes, we were kissing. I still don't who he was, but I loved him, and he loved me. Before I knew it, I was standing infront of the light. I reached my hand inside and suddenly...FINALLY, I was at peace. I've reached my destination, to complete happiness... <3

I wrote this story because often times in my life I keep going through the motions of life and everyday's the same. I want more adventure, and I need a goal. There are stumbling blocks alont the way so that's where my "knight in shining armor" comes into play and saves me.

LunaIsNotHere BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Thank you!! :)

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Wow, this was a very elaborate metaphor! Great job!