You of All People Part 4 | Teen Ink

You of All People Part 4

May 16, 2011
By Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine
Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine
13 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No parent should have to bury their own child." -Theodin


The years went by and we’re seniors in high school now. James and I are still dating, much to everyone else's despise. See, they don’t want James to be dating me because all the other girls want their turn with James. But the truth is, he loves me, and only me. Or...that’s what I thought.


“Hey baby.” James said as he walked up behind me right when I was closing my locker.
“Hey. You scared me.” I said as I picked up the papers that had fallen out of my hands.
“Since school’s over, how about coming over to my house? My parents are working late so we’ll be the only one’s there...? I won’t hurt you, I promise.”
“Ok.” I sighed. “I’ll meet you in your car.” I said to him as I kissed him on the cheek. “I’ve just got to drop my artwork off at the art room.”
“Meet you round front!” James yelled at me as he walked down the hallway.
As I was approaching the art room, I heard raised voices coming from the teacher’s room. I peeked my head around and saw that Mr. Acapenny and Miss Anderson were talking about the amount of homework that students should get. So I left because it got boring fast. I dropped my art work on the table in the art room and looked out of the window. I couldn’t believe what I saw. I saw James standing right outside of his car door, kissing Brittany Davis. A popular cheerleader and the social flirt of the school. Tears started coming from my eyes as I saw James push Brittany away. I couldn’t watch after that. I ran from the school and out the back door so I wouldn’t be questioned by James.


When I got home, I saw that there was a message on my phone from James. I listened to it and it said, “Baby. Where did you go? I was waiting at the school for half an hour before someone told me they saw you leave. Why didn’t you tell me? What did I do?” And the message was over. Fresh tears came from my eyes as I knew I couldn’t reply to his message and call him. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I opened it and saw it was James.
“Hello?” I sniffed.
“Hey babe. Why didn’t you ride home with me?”
“Maybe because I didn’t want to! Did you ever think of that?! Did you ever think that I wouldn’t see you from the art room window! I saw you kissing Brittany. If you can’t hold yourself down to one girl, then it’s over. WE’RE over James!” I screamed and hung up. Two seconds later my phone vibrated again and it was a text from James. it said,
“Why?”
“Did u even hear wat I said?”
“Lily, Brit came over to ME and kissed ME. I wouldnt do tht 2 u. I love u too much.”
“Can it b****. I dnt wanna hear it. I obvi cnt trust u any more.”
“You can baby. I swear.”
“No. I gave u one more chance n u blew it. Leave me alone. You dirty man-w****” I said as I turned my phone off. I didn’t know what to believe anymore.
“Lily, is there anything wrong?” My mother called from up the stairs. It seemed like she was always upstairs.
“No mom, I’m just gonna go for a walk.”
“Ok! See you later!”
So I walked out the door. I had no idea where I was going to go. But I knew that I didn’t want to go by James’ house. As I was walking down 23rd street, I heard a car honking behind me.
“Hey! Lily! Wait up!” It was James.
“Go away. I don’t want to talk to you anymore.”
“Fine. Then don’t talk. Listen. I swear on my life that I did not kiss Brittany Davis. She came up behind me and kissed me.”
I stopped and turned around, furious. “AND WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU!?!?!?!” I screamed at him.
“Because. I told you I would never let you go. I love you so so so so so SO much baby.”
“You lost the right to call me ‘baby’ when you kissed Brittany.”
“Please. Just one more chance. I was inviting you to my house because I needed to ask you something.”
I could feel my heart melting in my chest. I knew that I still loved him, but I didn’t want to be that type of girl that takes a guy back just because he says she should. “Well what were you gonna ask me?”
“I was going to ask since school is over tomorrow, if you wanted to move in with me. We’re probably going to go to different colleges, so I wanted to know that you were safe in my house.”
“Listen James, and Listen good.” I could see him flinch in his car. “I will move in with you. But this is the only and LAST chance you get to prove yourself to me.” I could see him smile inside his car. But I was sick of him smiling at me. I didn’t want him to treat me like I didn’t know anything. So I disappeared inside the closest house. Which was, unfortunately, was Brittany Davis’s house.
“Umm....Hey. Lily is it? You’re the one dating James. Well just to let you know, he came onto me. Whatever he tells you is a lie.” Brittany told me.
“Yeah well, James just asked me to move in with him. So I think you can go back to being a s*** and going too far with guys.” I told her.
“Oh, I’M a s***? I think you’re the one who slept on a boat with James.”
“How did you hear that?”
“Oh, James told everyone that he slept with you on a boat. He makes you mad doesn’t he?”
“No. YOU make me mad you b****. I think you can just f*** off and go back to w****land where you can play around with all your little man-w****’s.” And with that, I walked out of her house, and belted her in the face. “Aww....Did I make your face bleed? Well see ya later!” I said with what I hoped was a devilish grin.
“What was that about?” Asked James.
“Nothing. I’m just really tired. I’m gonna go home now. Bye.”
“OK babe. See you later.” James said as he drove off in his red Mustang GT.
“Yep.” I said as I waved good-bye.

The next day was the last day of school. I didn’t see Brittany there so I figured I must have broken something in her face. I hoped I had killed her. I know that’s not a very good wish, but it was for the better of my life and James’ life.
“Hey. Sorry about yesterday. I-” James began.
“Don’t worry about it. I’m not mad anymore.” I said.
“Ok good. So are you gonna think about it?”
“Yeah. I don’t know yet if I wanna move in with you. I mean, we’re not even finished high school.”
“Yeah. Of course. Just promise me you’ll think about it.”
“Of course I will. I have to go to class now. Bye.” I said as I walked away to my first period class, science.

After class that day, James came up to me.
“Have you thought about it?” He asked casually.
“No. I’m sorry, I haven’t. I’ve been to busy in science.” I said with a sarcastic tone.
“Oh. Well Do you wanna go out tonight?”
“I can’t. Mrs. Richards gave our class a TON of homework. Why don’t you ask Brittany? I’m sure she’d love to.”
“Hey. I thought you weren’t mad anymore.”
“Sorry. It’s just that-never mind.”
“Ok. So maybe another time?”
“Yep.” And with that I walked away to where Pason and Emily were waiting.
“Hey girl!” Emily said with the usual bounce in her voice.
“Hey. You seem kinda down. What’s up between you and James?” Pason asked.
I hadn’t told them about James and Brittany yet.
“Well, we’re sorta in the middle of a fight right now. I don’t really wanna talk about it.”
“Ok. So. We’re all going to a club tonight. You in?” Emily asked.
“Umm...Yeah I guess. What should I wear though? I haven’t exactly been to a club before.”
“Well don’t wear a dress. Wear like, short shorts, a tank top with a shirt that you can see through-”
“Em, we’re not going there to impress guys. Lily already has a boyfriend you know.” Pason came to my rescue.
“Ug. Fine. Just wear short shorts and a nice t-shirt. I’ll pick you up in my car at around 7-ish?” Emily said.
“Works for us.” Pason and I said together.

That night I told my mom I was going to a club and she was cool with it. I heard a car honking outside and it seemed to be a sports car.
“Hey Lily! Come on! Emily’s waiting in the car!” Pason shouted at my front door.
“Coming! One second!” I shouted back, putting on my earrings.
When I walked out the door, I could not believe what kind of car Emily had brought. She had a electric green corvette that was a convertible.
“Wow. Really Em? We don’t need a really fancy car.” I said to Emily.
“Well, Lily. It’s my choice because I said I was driving so I don’t really think you’re opinion matters here.” Emily said harshly.
“Em, have you been drinking even before you came!?” Pason asked out of disbelief that Emily would talk to my like that.
“No. Why would you think that?” Asked Emily, slurring her words.
“Em, I think I’d better drive.” Pason offered. Or I guess it was more like commanded.
“No Pay. I need to drive. It’s my car.” Emily told her. “Get in.”
“I don’t think this is a good idea.” I whispered into Pason’s ear.
“Me neither, but I’ll sit in the front to make sure she doesn’t go off the road.” Pason told me matter-of-factly.
So Pason and I got into Emily’s fancy car and we drove off to go to the club. About halfway there, we saw a big 18-wheeler coming towards us. Pason tried to put a hand on the wheel to try and make sure Emily didn’t hit it.
“PASON! STOP! IT’S MY CAR!” Said Emily, taking both her hands off the wheel and began to hit Pason. We were going around a curve when the truck hit us. The last thing I remember was three high-pitched screams, one of them my own. Then, blackness.


The author's comments:
Number Four (: