Hopelessly Right | Teen Ink

Hopelessly Right

By Annmarie11_12_13 ELITE, Paramus, New Jersey
Annmarie11_12_13 ELITE, Paramus, New Jersey

“Call him already!”

“I don’t know, should I?”
“Yes!”
“Alright, alright, here, I’ll even put it on speaker so you can hear.”
The phone rang loudly, and the two girls stared down at the tiny cell phone, holding their breath as they waited for him to pick up.
“Hello?” a tired voice said, and at once they knew it was him.
“It’s Brianna, what you up to?”
“Brianna? What do you want?” he asked. Was there a hint of hopefulness in his voice? Or was it just annoyance for calling him at three o’clock in the morning?
“What have you been doing these past few weeks?” she asked. She immediately had a flashback of the last time she saw him, when she punched him in the face, and instantly regretted it.
“Oh, you know, stuff.” He said, now clearly annoyed.

She would have gone on, but she lost her voice at the sound of a girl laughing in the background. She had known he was fooling around with someone else, but did she really have to be there now?

“Who’s that?” she yelled, unable to hide the feelings of pain and anger at him.

“Why do you need to know? It’s over between us, you ended it!”

But I’m sorry I did, she thought helplessly. I’m sorry, and I want you back. I want you back in my arms, I want your lips on mine again, and I just want you.

“Is it Lauren?” she asked, afraid of the answer.
“Yes, Brianna, it is. Now, I’ve got to go, she and I have some, ah, business to attend to.”
The sound of her laughter and excitement could be heard from behind him again, and she could now hear the likeness to Lauren’s voice, and she kicked herself for not realizing it earlier.
“Fine, I have my own business to attend to,” she said.
But he had already hung up.

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

It's sad, but if she punched him, she deserved it.  Bitter sweet, minus the sweet part for her.

freeday15 GOLD said...
freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey

"Love is Blind" i truly believe in this it is in all of my pieces, and if u read between the lines then u will find it there...

i loved it hahaha awesome