Inscriptions of the Invisible Alliance Book One Part 1( She's a lady) | Teen Ink

Inscriptions of the Invisible Alliance Book One Part 1( She's a lady)

May 21, 2011
By BreeLee BRONZE, Springdale, Arkansas
BreeLee BRONZE, Springdale, Arkansas
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Whatever happened to chivalry?

I thought this as the bus driver pulled to a complete stop in front of the High School, I was jerked in each direction as everyone slammed off the bus in brute strength and speed.
I was the last person to step out of the bus,I knew I would be I was after all the weakest link.

Now standing in school grounds I let out a slight smile filled with happiness at the knowledge of being able to make it this far.

'Here I come, Drown Wood High.' I said silently in my head and as if I were jinxing myself my words backfired, looking up I see a football spiraling toward me knocking me down to the ground with a six foot giant in tow.

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to breath, "Dude, is she dead?"

Forcing air into my lungs now gasping like a fish out of water, I sit up coughing.

"No, man. She's fine."

I stand up my head now rushing in a very unpleasant manner, surveying around the area brushing the dirt off my butt making sure no one had noticed my episode.

I glance over to the front doors but something catches my eye by the willow tree that is usually unoccupied, and my eyes turn toward the object that caught my attention.

It was a guy and he was staring at me with concern etched in his features, I stared back intently trying to recognize him, his eye widened slightly as if he were shocked I could see him under the branches of tree, a delicate finger taps my shoulder and I turn, my cheeks burning with embarrassment of being seen.

"Are you alright,KaDee?" I look down at my best friend, Vyctorea.

I have known Vyctorea for ten years and counting and she was one of the most serious people I knew, I watched as she blew a strand of auburn hair out of her eyes blinking up at me.

"Oh, I'm just fine. A little embarrassed but fine." I rush out staring at my shoes in concentration, I can hear her signature snort and then I look at her scowling.

"What did Noah see you fall or something?" She inquired batting her big blue eyes.

"No, just that guy." I hushed out glancing at him once again he was still watching me "The one by the willow tree who is staring at me."

"What guy?" Vyc asked squinting her eyes in the direction of the boy.

"Him." I say pointing him out, which I rarely do because of how rude it was.

"You must have bumped your head pretty hard, huh?" She said emphasizing on the word pretty which caused me to huff.

"Are you calling me crazy?"

"Yeah, I am." She said seriously, I couldn't even argue back because the first bell rang and she bolted to the front door in a rush.

I guess I'd have to argue with her in third period, our conversation was put to a stand still, I started for the school with the boy on my mind.

Idling through the hallways watching students slam their lockers and talking avidly as if class wasn't about to start any second, I turned into my first class of the day World History.

The room was nearly empty except for the few school associated nerds who liked to start out the term earlier then anyone else would like.

I slink silently into the seat at the rear of the classroom, placing the strap of my backpack on the chair and sliding into the desk with the red plastic chair attached.

With my palm outward on the desk I examined the pale long scar that marred the middle.

As the second bell rings the class fills in with familiar and unfamiliar faces Mr. Grist looks from his novel which he'd been practically buried in and rolls to his computer logging in to start checking roll.

Everyone sat with their friends and I was just sitting here all alone with both the seats in front and beside me unoccupied. Something I was used too and happy with.

The shuffle of feet grew silent as everyone settled down and then the teacher began to call out the names of the students one by one.

"Eric Slander?" Jock.

"Here."

"Kim Dalton?" Easy barbie girl.

"I'm right here, Mr. Gist." Attention whore too.

"Finley Naylor."

"Present."

"Millie Hale."

"I'm here, Mr. Gist..."

The names went on as he checked and or counted them absent, he drew closer and closer to my name and as he began to speak it the classroom door slammed open.

"Sorry, I'm late, Sir." Noah Woodward. This came as of completely no shock to me and with the look on the teachers face it didn't shock him either.

"Noah, this is your only warning. Don't be late again." Simple enough but everyone knew he'd be late again tomorrow. Popular bastard.

"Sure, Teach. Whatever you say."

After some talking and the teacher finishing roll he hushed everyone to quiet down then the class started and my face becoming blank as I waltzed off into complete oblivion.


The author's comments:
Rewritten (Formally Known as She's A Lady)