Chosen chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Chosen chapter 2

June 2, 2011
By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
68 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Ch. 2
I woke up under heavy blankets, I rolled over rubbing my eyes and then I realized, I wasn’t in my bedroom at all. I squirmed out of the blankets and sat up. “Hey there.” You said smoothly trying to calm me down. I looked up startled “Whe-where am I?” I asked bringing the sheets up to my chin. “Well last night, uh at the party….” That’s right, the party, I remember going to the party. I remember seeing all my friends, then the pain came back, the emptiness that had been eating away at me for months, the reason why I was in therapy, the reason why my family had thought I had depression and that was about when I turned to the beer. The after affects of that were of course that I got drunk…. Really drunk. The one thing that sparked my memory was that guy, I remember dancing and laughing with him, he made me forget everything, he made me feel better. I looked up to see you. “No!” I shouted and I hopped up off of the bed. “No, no it’s not you, it can’t be, you were… younger.” I rambled shaking my head back and forth. “Well it was pretty dark, and you were pretty wasted.” You told me but I wouldn’t listen, I kept shaking my head unable to believe it. You rose from the chair you were sitting in and walked around the bed towards me. I struggled to find something to get behind, something to put in between us but there was nothing. You approached me slowly, like a man approaching a wild animal that needed to be fed. I tripped and bumped into the dresser that caught me before I fell. I clutched onto it with my sweaty palms not knowing what else to do, I just needed something to hang on to, anything. “You don’t remember do you.” you said, more to yourself than to me running your hands through your hair. Seeing the frightened look in my eyes you backed away and went back to sitting in your chair. One more time I asked my voice shaking this time “Where are we?” Before you answered I looked for a window in the small bedroom but there wasn’t one. That’s when I saw my chance to escape, a door. Without waiting for you to answer I ran to it. I grabbed the door handle and yanked it open. I new you would come after me so I threw myself into the next room but I wasn’t fast enough. Your arm had looped around my waist and you pulled me backwards into your chest. I kicked and screamed and tried to squirm out of your arms but you just stood there holding me tightly. Tears of frustration filled my eyes and streamed down my cheeks; I sagged in your arms and cried. “There is no where for you to go. You want to know where we are? We are smack dab in the middle of no where there is no one for miles so don’t even think about trying to escape because you won’t make it without food or water and I won’t let you escape anyways.” You whispered harshly in my ears. I started crying harder and this time when I squirmed in your arms you set me down. I cried and kicked at the bed and then I screamed “Why me!? Why did you take me away! Why did you bring me here!? Let! Me! Go! Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! Let me go. Let me go… let me go…” my screams turned into whimpers and I sunk to the ground on my knees rocking back and forth. You crouched to the ground next to me and extended your hand. I sniffled, wiped my face with my sleeve and bit my lip unsure of whether or not to take your hand. It could’ve been you, at the party, and I had you right now all to myself I could have you to be with forever, if and that is only if, it really is you. On the other hand you kidnapped me and took me out it the middle of god knows where and you won’t let me leave. I stood up on my own and turned my back from you. I heard you get up to, and I tensed my shoulders as I felt your breath at the back of my neck. I wanted to move but I couldn’t, then you told me “Soon enough, you’ll understand why I brought you here, soon enough…” I slowly turned around to look at you, to really look at you. I looked straight into your eyes, and I couldn’t believe what I saw, sincerity. You made the next move and slowly stretched your arm out towards me. Seeing this I staggered backwards afraid that you had some evil plan to hurt me. “Please, please don’t hurt me.” I begged putting one side of the bed between us. Tears filled up my eyes again making everything blurry. “I don’t want to hurt you, I never intended to and I still don’t intend to. I will make you a promise, I will never ever hurt you I promise. As long as you can trust me this can work.” You told me calmly with your hand still outstretched towards me. My knees were shaking and I was still afraid to trust you, I was so confused but then I thought of a plan. “Could I at least see the rest of the place?” I asked. You narrowed your eyes at me trying to see if I was being sincere, and of course you thought I was. “Alright but we are not going anywhere near any doors leading outside so don’t even think about escaping.” You said and in anticipation for my answer you lifted your eyebrows at me. I nodded taking a step towards you, “Tour of the house coming right up.” You said and then chuckled nervously, I knew you were trying to break the tension and I wanted to tell you to stop trying, to tell you that there would always be tension because I would always want to get out of this place. You turned the knob and glanced back at me just to make sure that you were making the right decision. I tried not to look at you so I focused on your hand on the door and when it opened I followed slowly after you through the doorway….