Head Over Heels | Teen Ink

Head Over Heels

By Charly11d7 GOLD, Cumming, Georgia
Charly11d7 GOLD, Cumming, Georgia

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want" Psalm 23:1

Her breath smelled like cloves, her skin like oranges. Her fingers smelled like roses and her hair like strawberries. I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and breathed in nothing but her. I played with her long blonde hair. I read Wuthering Heights over her shoulder. I saw her smile from the corner of my eye. I felt a smile stretch over my face, too. Her happiness was contagious. Her blue eyes twinkled as she looked up at me. As I looked at her, I couldn’t help but feel awed and privileged to know her. She was so amazing and wonderful and complex. I knew her so well, yet I barely knew her at all. All I wanted to do was learn more about her. She was amazing. She had wonderful talents and inspiring gifts. Just loving her wasn’t good enough. There had to be something more specific for the way I felt about her. I was head over heels for her…

I don't know why I wrote this. It just kind of flowed out of me. I guess this is how I would want a guy to feel about me.

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

I don't need a rose. I want a daisy you picked for my hair. I don't want some fancy box of chocolate. I want a pink frosting cookie you made just for me. Lets skip the upscale restaraunt and have a picnic in the park.

wow, this is intense. And yeah, i think every girl deserves to be with someone who cares that much about them.  This piece is short and sweet-honestly, it reads like a poem-and it the emotions are really clear, very...odd as this sounds, alive