Her Last Drive | Teen Ink

Her Last Drive

July 23, 2011
By ambergem SILVER, Tavares, Florida
ambergem SILVER, Tavares, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
" The heart is the most important part of the body, so why shouldn't stories be written about love? "


She slips out the sliding glass door. Frogs croaking- the sound of freedom. She didn’t like sneaking around but he was 18 and she was only 15. They had to keep it a secret. She runs across the lawn dew sticking to her dirty feet. She looks back to see if any lights have been turned on and she was caught before she could even see him. Everything looked normal. Even though she knew it wasn’t going to be for long. She was leaving for good this time. She adjusts her backpack filled with clothes and another pair of shoes. She sprints down the street making sure she isn’t seen by a neighbor. Her hearts pounding. She can’t believe she’s doing this. She waits at the end of the street to see his black truck pull up. She looks at her phone for the last time 12:12 is the time. She puts her phone on the ground by her feet and sees the love of her life stop in front of her. She looks at him and smiles. She knows she’s not making the right decision but her heart is telling her life’s to short. She gets in the truck, and they drive away to Georgia to live there life together. He reaches over and puts his hand on hers and she shudders. She should be happy but she wants to go home. She looks at him. He’s everything she ever wanted, he wants to marry her, and he wants to love her forever. She doesn’t speak up and tell him to turn around. They just continue driving down the street in the darkness. On the way to start a new life with each other.


3 hours later they were in a terrible car accident. They both died together in the black truck. To live there life in heaven together.


The author's comments:
Something I've been thinking about writing about for a while. I hope you enjoy it(: