Dangerous Dreams/Chapter 2 My Last Dream | Teen Ink

Dangerous Dreams/Chapter 2 My Last Dream

By Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York

She can because she thinks she can.

I don’t remember waking up. All I know was that I was standing and there was no pain. Only peacefulness, as my bare feet sank into the sand with a rush. As the sound of the waves set in I realized I was safe and began to walk slowly down the beach. The bitter salt water tasted fresh and sweet as it hit my face from the breeze. I walked in beat with the waves as they crashed against the shore.

Then I heard someone call to me from a distance; it sounds so familiar to me and yet so very lost. I turned to face the call and saw it belonged to a figure rushing up to me in excitement. At first all I saw was the outline of a tall slender figure that took long graceful strides. Within seconds I saw the strong powerful muscles that were sculpted perfectly as part of his body.

I let my heart embrace him before my mind knew the answer. He lifted me as I wrapped my arms around his neck and let them rest on his broad shoulders. He kissed me with the utmost passion, and yet he was so gentle with me. I was safe in those arms I could stay there forever and melt within his grasp. He placed me down as I gazed into his familiar deep soft brown eyes as they looked directly into mine. I exhaled

“Andy, how did you find me here?”
He just laughed and smiled at me, “I know you Abbey. Depending on your mood determines the place you run to.” I challenged him, “What makes you say that?” He gave a sympathetic smile and sighed. “Abbey I love you; how could I not know the way you tick?” As I glanced down and shuffled my feet in the sand he took my face, cupped it in his hands and guided my view to him. “I would do anything to make you as happy as you made me. Just say anything and it will be done.” I couldn’t help but wonder how I became so incredibly lucky that he found me and we have one another.

“Walk with me?”

“mhm”, was all I could mumble as we grasped hands and started walking down the beach.

“Hey Andy, you know how you said anything?” he glanced down “hmm” sheepishly I asked, “Well I was wondering if that meant building sand castles too?” He chuckled and shook his head, “You never cease to amaze me…of coarse.”

After digging out the moat I searched around for shells and beach glass for decorations while Andy built the castle. It was so complex I almost couldn’t believe it was made out of sand. As we placed the final additions to the castle I thought to myself it’s a shame he only sees his talent as a hobby instead of a career path.

“Abbey, don’t move! I have to take a picture of this.”

“Well I don’t see why I have to be in the picture.”
He teased me, “I made it for you of course you have to be in it. Come on smile let me see those pearly whites.”

So I smiled and then made him take pictures of the both of us with the castle. When we couldn’t think of anymore ridiculous poses to do we got bored and I asked if we were done yet. He placed the camera back in his pocket and shrugged. “I guess so. Wait, what’s that over there?”

I turned to look and the next thing I knew we were crashing into the sand castle.

“Oh no! Why’d you do that?”

“I was bored and felt like it. Besides I can always make another.”

“When’s that going to be?”
He pondered that for a minute and then said, “Lets not worry about the future. What I want to know is what are we going to do now?”

I’m not sure why but at the time it felt like we both had a lot of energy built up inside so as I stood up I tapped him on the shoulder and screamed, “Tag you're it!”

“That’s not fair! Hey you cheater get back here!” I dashed off chanting “Catch me if you can!” I had a lead on him for three minutes until I tripped in the sand. When I tried to get back up he came up behind me and grabbed me at the waste shouting, “Got you!” He pinned me down to the ground and tried to convince me I was under arrest for cheating. I was laughing so hard I couldn’t respond; which was good because at that point he was reading off to me my Miranda Rights. He concluded that my punishment was to be stuck with him forever.

“Are you quite finished yet giggles or am I going to have to make you stop?” I pouted at him, “And just how do you plan on doing that?”

“I’ll show you.” he put his face right up against mine and kissed me. “There, you see? I told you I could get you to shut up.”

“You’re the only one who can. So, can we go swimming now?”

He sighed, “You know I’m not a good swimmer.”

“Fine, then I’ll just go by myself.”
He got off me so I could stand up but instead of staying there he followed me and rolled his eyes. “Not by yourself you’re not. I’ll go with you.”

The cold water rushed to my feet before I could physically step into it. Andy was by my side and grasped my hand as we went deeper into the ocean. I jumped over the little waves as they rushed up towards us. Andy began to play along as he would tease that I was crazy.

“Well you liked me first.”

“So? You loved me first”
I laughed at this and then replied, “Yes, but if you never liked me then I would have never loved you.”

“Then thank the Lord because I would be lost without you.”

By the time the water came up to his torso he let go of my hand and said, “Alright, I’m stopping here.” I shrugged and said, “Suit yourself” five minutes later a giant wave came crashing down and I dived into it.

Inspiration comes from everywhere whether it's real experience or something you want to happen. In this case this chapter contains both and i hope to use both my imagination and real life experiences to make my work seem more real for people to relate to it and to also be able to step into a different world. let me know what you think =)

vikigungor said...
adorable. i was able to picture everything very clearly, and it was almost as if i was there with them,