Daydream | Teen Ink

Daydream

By DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas

\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

You would always look at me with your questioning eyes. Those beautiful eyes that reminded me of the depths of the ocean. And just like that endless abyss, you hold mysteries within you too. Things that I yearn to discover. The things that keep me awake through the night, wondering about you. Only to be melted by your smile the next day. I would always feel like I was in a state of delirium when you held a conversation with me because, you were too good to be true. To angelic and perfect to be talking to me. And I couldn't help but free myself to go into a fantasy land full of possibilities with you. And during a time I was supposed to be focused, I secretly smiled to myself from the thought of doing normal useless things with you that I watch people do on the movies. We could go to a coffee shop and be caught up in the wonderful jazz music and with the help of throat burning caffeine, we could talk the hours of the night away. We could go to the park when the stars hung over us like spotlights and swing together on the child swings. And maybe- just maybe you would let me in to your world of secrets, so I could know you better. Then, if I was to be lucky, one night you might be able to walk me home on the sidewalk and kiss me under the porch light of my home.