Girls and Boys Don't Really Mix... | Teen Ink

Girls and Boys Don't Really Mix...

By MRags SILVER, Hillsborough, New Jersey
MRags SILVER, Hillsborough, New Jersey

"Shit happens." ~my mother

She’s right there as usual. She’s clearly watching him with those lovesick eyes. It hurts so much to see her like that with him, but I promised her I would be there for her. God, I wish I never told her that she could tell me anything. Honestly, at the time, it was natural, but now I question myself. I had good intentions when I got into this mess, so why have my thoughts been jumbled?

She wanted me to get close to him. As if I could pry into his life, but since we have similar backgrounds, she thought I could drop a few hints and push him her way. She’s never had a boyfriend and she really likes him. In fact, she’s pretty much stalking him. I’ve seen her looking at him from the door of the class room and following him down the hall. Also, I know she’s read every comment on his facebook wall. It is only a matter of time before he finds out. He might not be the smartest kid, but I’m sure he can figure out that she’s following his every movement. I’m sure he can see her watching him as he pushes that cute piece of hair from his face or when he stretches and you can see most of his muscle through his shirt. Even when she looks at his long eyelashes flutter as he falls to sleep in class.
Oh no, I just hope I can hide my feelings until this blows over. I just have to remember that he’s off limits. I just can’t touch him. Only him. I can do whatever I want with every other guy. Honestly, how can I possibly like a guy who my best friend likes? How can I be swayed by long eyelashes, strong arms… a lean body… and that smile… No! He cannot sway me! Damn, I hate this. I have no one to talk to about this. If I say something, does that make me a bad friend? Will she be mad at me, will it end our friendship? I hope I come to my senses soon. Seriously, even if I do admit that I like him, I already have a boy friend. I have a guy I love. I can’t do that to him, so why am I attracted to him?
Really the two are nothing alike! My boyfriend is clean cut, on the other hand he’s just so out of the box in those frye boots. Think slowly. Calm down. I need to focus on class. Laughing? Ugh… I don’t want to see them… Now she’s passing him notes. I can see them giggling and I feel angry. I feel upset. I wish she would just leave him alone!
No, I shouldn’t think that. He was claimed and I am claimed. God. I hate people see what they made me do! Geeze, this class is taking so long…. What are we even reading about… oh that’s cool. Adultery. As if that’s going to help me now. God this class needs to end. He needs to figure out that she likes him and I need to get him out of my head.
My head is going to explode! Ok, ok, calm down. Calm down. Now! Breathe. Was that the bell? Oh thank the lord! I can finally leave this room. I wish my hands could put the books into my bag quicker. I just want to leave. Hold it, where did that paper come from? Why is all wrinkled with my name on it? Must be a note from her telling me what she wants to know about him now. Ugh. If it is… wait this says “Hey, I really like you. Will you go to prom with me?” I laughed at first, until I saw the name… it was his. Well, I guess she will forever hate me now…

Being friends with other is never simple, especially when both genders are involved. People struggle and run into walls that they need to over come. This story is more about a girl having problems with herself and not knowing what to do abou her feelings.