A Love Letter | Teen Ink

A Love Letter

September 14, 2011
By Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
20 articles 1 photo 62 comments

Dearest Alison,


Do you remember the way we used to be? I know it seems like long ago, but I think a bout you all the time. There’s a moment, when I wake from dreaming of you, that I forget that your no longer mine. In that one moment I feel so happy that anything that seems wrong with my life doesn’t matter because your mine. Then I remember that your not mine, and all the pain comes at me at once, like a tidal wave.


Do you think of those beautiful moments we shared, or do you only choose to remember the darker times that we had? I seem to forget those bad times because there was so much good between us, but maybe you think about the bad so you feel better. Am I right?


Does it matter that I write to you every day? I wonder if you read any of my letters. All of them are love letters, every last one. I hope you do read them. I hope you read them and know that you are the reason I wake up every morning. Remember when I used to tell you that you were the only one I’d ever love? You still are.


I can almost imagine the tears in your eyes as you read this, but I’m not sorry. I love you, and that’s why this needs to be said. I just hope that your happy with him, and don’t regret leaving me.





Forever yours,







Jake