Noodles | Teen Ink

Noodles

By notmehaha GOLD, Suffolk, Virginia
notmehaha GOLD, Suffolk, Virginia

"Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

Walking down the street, Ryan heard a cry for help in the distance. It was a middle aged man, having his purse stolen by an old lady. He flew past the winds to meet up at the scene. Being the, bad guy Ryan was, he tickles the middle aged man to help the lady. She gave him a wink and a, Call me! sign. After Ryan finished gagging, he turned to his friend, Katniss. Katniss (Sometimes known as Katie) was a beautiful angel. Her and Ryan would always have a great time beating up Quincy, a lonely peacock. Quincy was dating a unicorn named, Brandy. Quincy and Brandy would always have fun having picnics and singing Now the last three were an interesting group. The members included: Curtis, (A brick house) Nyalah, (A rainbow ninja) and Daniel (A giant). group loved to be painted, do karate, and eat eggplants. It was Monday. That meant that it was the day that everybody had to go to daycare. When they arrived, they got in a circle to do show and tell. Quincy was first. He had a sling around his left wing. He spoke. I don't have anything to share. The teacher asked him, What happened to your arm? he replied, I was doing the Hokey-Pokey. Next was Curtis. He said, I got a new paint job. and showed off his brightly colored blue and yellow polka dots to the class. Then Nyalah. She announced, I got some killer nun-chucks from my idol the other week. Who is your idol? the teacher asked with a smile. Dora the Explorer. Then came Daniel. He said, Yesterday, I got a new car at Baskin Robins. The teacher didn't even bother to ask that time. Katniss was up. She said, I got new wings! and the class stared the her shiny feathers. Ryan's turn. He said, I got a cantaloupe from my brother. Finishing off was Brandy. She didn't say anything. Instead, she sang. Always, I wanna be with you, make believe with you... and on and on. Now that show and tell was over, they moved on to a game called, What Makes Me Happy. When someone was called on, they had to say something that was enjoyable to them. The teacher started with, Apples. and called on Curtis. He said, Doorbells. and called on Brandy. She said, Rainbows. and called on Nyalah. She said, Colorful outfits. and called on Ryan. He said, Tires. and called on Quincy. He said, Lions. and the game went on for another half hour. After that, it was time to go. It was time for school gossip. Brandy and Quincy's conversation started off with Brandy.

Don't you think Mr. Curran's wife gets paid to be married to him?

Why do you think that?

Well, have you ever been married to him?

Katie and Ryan talked about school lunches.
The gossip blew around like a kite in the wind. It wouldn't stop until the main part died down. Which was Daniel's and Curtis's discussion.

This story was actually just was for my friends. All the characters are people I know. But if Ryan didn't ask if he could be in it, this story wouldn't exist. I do actually like quotes, but when it publishes, it kind of...Screws up, I guess.