Dear You | Teen Ink

Dear You

By paigeturner9 PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
paigeturner9 PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Dear You,

I know you’re out there, somewhere. Sitting next me in history? Across the room in math? On the other side of the country? Or a whole ocean away? Maybe I’ve never even met you, never seen your face. What do you look like, my dear? For, although it doesn’t really matter to me, I can’t help but feel a bit curious. Are you tall? Short? Blond or brunette, or even a redhead? What do you like to do? Are you an artist? On the football team? Do you play in a band? For all of those sound perfect to me, just so long as you’re happy.

Do you ever wonder about me, like I do about you? Wonder who I am, what I’m like, how we’ll meet. Have we already? Could you be the boy in line before me at Starbucks? The son of the family who’s just moved in across the street? But no matter, when we meet, how we meet, I’m sure we’ll know. But until that moment, I’m sure you’d like to know a bit about me. I’d sure like to know a but about you.

I hope you’re not disappointed with me. It’s not like there’s something wrong about me, I’m just average. And someone as wonderful as you shouldn’t have to settle for just average. I’m not ugly, just plain. And I’m not boring, just forgettable. But I promise to love you more than any other girl, so it won’t matter that I’m not the prettiest, or the most exciting. I’ll love you as long as you love me, even longer than you love me.

So until that day, until that magical moment when we first see each other, and it will be magical, please remember this letter, keep it in the back of your mind, sandwiched between half-forgotten knowledge. And there it will live, cozy between the spelling of “photosynthesis” and song lyrics from years ago, until my face brings it to the surface, and you realize I’m the one for you.

Until then-

Me

thanks? i'm not sure if that's a complement... 

MissSMS said...
MissSMS, Kevil, Kentucky

“-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic.” - Calvin and Hobbes

*sigh* that is all. just... *sigh*