September Never Comes | Teen Ink

September Never Comes

November 8, 2011
By AnnaNana PLATINUM, Corinth, Mississippi
AnnaNana PLATINUM, Corinth, Mississippi
20 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live the way you die- All of a sudden: That's the way to go.


“Hold me closer.” I whispered softly. His arms tightened around me and I leaned closer into his body. This felt so good…so right; being here with Seth. The sunset was so peaceful in the clearing surrounded by trees and the sweet smells of summer.
I didn’t want to ask. I didn’t want to know. But I had to. I needed to know.
“Seth,”
“Hmmm?”
“When are you leaving for Italy?” I asked softly, holding back tears.
He sighed. “Let’s not talk about that now.” He said in his deep voice that meant for me to let it go. But I couldn’t.
“But I need to know Seth” I pulled away from him and looked him full on.
He stared at me and I melted into his and deep chocolate eyes. I could stay there forever. Getting lost in his tan skin, deep eyes, muscled body, cute dimples….Why was his dad sending him to Italy for the summer? What could he learn there that he couldn’t learn here? Tears began to well up in my eyes.
“Kayla,” His eyes begged me to stop.
“No Seth, Tell me I need to know.” I looked away from him into the sunset. I felt his arms around me again and his head lay on top of mine.
“Two days.” He whispered.
“You are coming back right?”
“As soon as summer ends.” He kissed my hair.
Tears streaked down both my cheeks. “You know what they say Seth; September never comes.”