I want someone who... | Teen Ink

I want someone who...

By ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida
ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida

I want someone who,
Will start a fight with me, and will understand that I will never give in, and know that I am too stubborn, and that it is not even worth trying.
Someone who will tell everyone else that too, someone who will always be there for me, but not smothering me. I want someone who will trust me to tell me their secrets, and who I can trust to keep mine. I want someone who knows what is right for me, even when I don’t; and who will protect me from what is not. I want someone who cares about me, and loves me for who I am, and wouldn’t change anything about me; Someone who wouldn’t be afraid to tell me how they feel, and who would break me out of my shell and allow me to explore my feelings. I want someone who can honestly say that they understand; someone who will joke around with me as well as be serious if the time calls for it. I want someone spontaneous, yet romantic.
I want someone who will surprise me by knowing me better than I know myself. I want someone who will try to make me feel spoiled, and not get offended when I refuse. I want a true gentleman, but I want him to be able to relax and be himself. I want someone who won’t put me last, but not first either; someone who has their priorities straight, someone who sticks up for their friends.
I want someone who will protect me from myself and from others; someone who will stand up for me when I won’t. I want someone who makes me laugh and feel special. I want someone who I can make laugh and feel special. I want someone who enjoys the same things as me, but isn’t afraid to have his own personality; someone who won’t care if I don’t like something they do. I want someone who can just sit and stare out at the water for hours, as long as he has company. I want someone who isn’t afraid to try new things and who encourages me to do so too. I want someone who wants to spend time with me as much as I do him. I want someone who loves the crazy little annoying things I do, and tells me so, even if I don’t believe him. I want someone who makes me feel like I can do anything, and allows me to make him feel that way too. I want someone who everybody is jealous of, and he couldn’t be more clueless to it; someone who tells me that I’m beautiful just to see me blush; but they mean it too.
I want someone who understands my needs and respects them, even if it goes against what he wants. I want someone who will win over my heart in a second; someone who can make me blush at the thought of him. I want someone who plays with my hair and watches me sleep, just to imagine what I am dreaming about. I want someone who wants to hear about my dreams, and who will end up in them; I want someone who loves hearing what I have to say. I want someone who just watches me and makes me smile. I want someone I can trust, and who will tell me the truth no matter what. I want someone who loves to read what I have to write and makes me feel accomplished. I want someone that can share stories with me, someone who has been where I have. I want someone who will tell me everything is going to be okay; someone who won’t believe me when I say that I’m fine. I want someone who cares enough to try and get me to tell them what’s wrong, but won’t push it too far. I want someone who will be willing to talk to me non-stop; I want someone who laughs at my laugh. I want someone who laughs at my jokes when nobody else does. I want someone who makes fun of me and tells me that I’m cute. I want someone who smiles just because I do; someone who will see me in the morning and come give me a hug as their first priority.
I want someone who can tell that something is wrong with me when no one else can, someone who won’t mind sitting and talking about it if it’s what I need. I want someone who has problems of their own that I can help them with. I want someone who is careful with me, and won’t push me into anything I don’t want to do. I want someone who I have inside jokes with because we are always together. I want someone that my best friend will love and approve of, and someone who will love and approve of my best friend. I want someone old fashioned, who believes in following traditions. I want someone who can teach me new things; someone who loves to travel almost as much as I do. I want someone who embraces change and encourages me there is nothing to be afraid of. I want someone who will hold me tight when I need him, or even when I don’t. I want someone who will protect me from something they don’t even know of.
I want someone who is like a father and a brother to me. I want someone who understands why I do what I do; someone who wants me to stand up for what I think is right. I want someone who is my best friend; someone who will never put me on the spot. I want someone who can change me for the better.
I want... you.

ReaderWriter said...
Thank you so much! :)

TakingFlightxx GOLD, Bristow, Virginia

"Believe you can and you're halfway there"

This is amazing!