My Cinderella story | Teen Ink

My Cinderella story

December 20, 2011
By Goddess PLATINUM, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
Goddess PLATINUM, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
27 articles 0 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”


I sat in the shadows, watching everyone dance, laugh, and goof off. Tears falling down my cheeks. My black dress blending into the shadows so I'm not seen. I wished over and over to leave this place but no matter what i couldn't.

As I started to wipe my eyes, i caught something moving in the shadows. i looked over and i saw a boy. He looked to be 5 ft. 7 inches, paled skin, and black hair. he wore a black tux. I realized with horror, that he was watching me watch him. I felt heat rise to my face ( no doubt from embarrassment ) and looked away.

" May I ask what upsets you so? " a voice spoke from beside me. I turned and came face to face with the boy i was looking at a minute ago. his gaze piercing through mine. his eyes were a beautiful hazel color. " I....um its nothing," I said.

" Well something must be bothering you, " he said. I could hear the sadness and curiosity in his voice.

" It's just....I feel so miserable because I have no one to dance with. Watching the others looking so happy makes me feel completely alone...like no one cares, " i whispered.

He moved closer to me. "you aren't alone.Besides you have someone to dance with," he said.I looked up, startled and asked" Who?"

"Me," he said as a smile spread across his face. He gently grabbed my arm and led me to the dance floor. I smiled as I put my arms around his neck. He flashed an affectionate smile as he pulled me closer to him. "See, no more tears," he whispered into my ear. I sighed and laid my head in the crook of his shoulder. I lost myself to the music and to him.

We swayed to the music, which seemed like hours. "I wish this would never end," i said happily. He looked down to me. Into my soul. "Dancing with you has been amazing...but nidnight grows near and i must go," he said "One day we'll finish this dance". He genly kissed me on the lips. With that,my prince charming walked away into the night. I stood there, with the feeling of his lips on mine and stared dreamily into the night.