Assassin | Teen Ink

Assassin

December 29, 2011
By Pianoartist BRONZE, Kechi, Kansas
Pianoartist BRONZE, Kechi, Kansas
2 articles 2 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Give up.....on me giving up." - Naruto Uzumaki ;)


He came in the night. His eyes were narrow and focused as he pulled back the string of his bow. The battle between good and evil warred inside him. Should he release the string and kill all his fears, but injure others in the process, or should he sacrifice his own happiness for the happiness of everyone else?

All he had to do was pierce her heart with the tip of his arrow, and he would have all the fame, glory, and power he could ever ask for.

He had done it before, but this time it was different. They wanted her dead because of jealousy. A stupid reason to kill a person, and he knew it. Yet, he agreed to do it anyways.

He looked at the figure that slept peacefully in her bed . The moon shone on her face in a very becoming way. Her lips were slightly tented pink, and even though he couldn’t see them, he knew her eyes were a dark shade of green. Grief and bitterness tore at him. How could he kill such an innocent beauty?

Before he even asked himself the question, he knew the answer; He had to finish it, and quick, before his senses took over.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







The creak of the opening doors had awoken her, but she laid there imperturbably. Who had entered her room was no mystery; she had been expecting him for days.

The sound of a bow string being pulled back entered her ears. She laid their patiently awaiting her death. There was no fight left in her.

Silence. Wasn’t he going to kill her already? Did he not fear the guards that stood right outside her door? Perhaps he knew she was awake, and just playing with her senses.

At that very moment, something warm and moist touched her cheek. She brusquely opened her eyes, but all she saw was the end of a black cape as it floated through her balcony doors.