Kiss me in the Rain | Teen Ink

Kiss me in the Rain

By Softballlover3015 SILVER, Holland Patent, New York
Softballlover3015 SILVER, Holland Patent, New York

"It doesn't matter how old you are. It only mattes how much effort you put into it and what that effort accomplishes you" --Coach C.

Jessica didn't mind walking to class in the morning and she didn't mind rain, but together they were a mess. Even underneath her purple umbrella, she was still getting drops of rain in her hair. Slowly, the straight strands of dirty blonde hair were becoming curly despite her efforts. Jessica's favorite song was blasting from her headphones in her ears. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. She fumbled to wipe off her wet hands and pull out her phone. As soon as she saw who the message was from her, heart started beating faster.

Hey

The message read. It was from Him.

Hi:)

She responded carefully deciding whether to put a smiley face. She figure it couldn't hurt and sent the message.

What are you doing?

What should she say? The truth? That was probably the best.

Walking in the rain to class :

The rain was really pounding on her umbrella now like tiny grenades falling from the PMSing mother nature.

Ever been kissed in the rain?

That was it. The one thing that made her heart beat even faster. Her fingers fumbled as she typed the response.

No...? Why?

What could he possibly mean by that? Why did guys have to be so confusing. She pulled out one of her headphones in an attempt to dry it off. Then, came another vibration from her phone.

Look behind you.

Slowly, she turned around with a breathless look in her eyes. Her heart was beating so loud it sounded like a drum in her ears. And there he was. Walking only a few feet behind her. Jessica turned completely, utterly shocked. He walked right up to her, cupped her face and kissed her. The blood rushed to her face as her hands and umbrella fell to her side. He was kissing her. Right there. In the rain. Then he pulled away smiling. Her phone buzzed.

I love you.

It was perfect

A story about a girl and a boy and A kiss in the Rain.
inspiration came from www.letterstocrushes.com

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazing. I love it. It's so sweet. You're a very talented and wonderful person and writer. Thank you for sharing this! ^_^

ElvenGlory GOLD, Pocatello, Idaho
What a sweet and wonderful story! Loved it!!!!

. said...
Thank you!

Daphne said...
Daphne, Shanghai, Other
aww! I loved this story :) It has such a sweet ending! If only my life was this perfect

Caroline Skjoedt BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
This is a lovely story. It's so simple and adorable.

BabyBlue04 BRONZE, Mauk, Georgia

If you think I am quiet, then you are not good enough to hear my voice XD I was voted most quietest in my Senior Class. c/o 2012!! Woot woot!

I loved it a lot. very few grammatical errors. very simple and to the point XD

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank You!

Thank you!

PoetryAngel14 PLATINUM, Ithaca, New York

"Dare to be imperfect and one day there will tug at your sleeve a soulmate." ~Robert Brault
"Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

awww! That was the sweetest thing i've ever read. It made me laugh and cry...the perfect story :) really great job.

artfullymade14 BRONZE, Chesapeak, Virginia

"Live as if you'll die tomorrow, dream as if you'll live forever."
-Unknown Author

so sweet and innocent :) its the perfect simple moment that every girl dreams of :) loved it!

ginger1993 GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado
so sweet and almost made me cry. :)

Miranda_K. BRONZE, Donora, Pennsylvania

I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do something I can do.

~ Edward E. Hale

Sweet, innocent, and breathtaking. Loved it!