Dear Jason | Teen Ink

Dear Jason

March 30, 2012
By kayyydavidsonn BRONZE, Colfax, California
kayyydavidsonn BRONZE, Colfax, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Jason,




I am writing this to you now, for I want you to read it whenever you are near me. My name Is Rachel, and I am the love of your life. I know it sounds strange, but I speak the truth. You and I met in 1967, in college where we were both studying to be paramedics. We became each other's best friends, started dating, and immediately fell in love. We later got married, vowing our love for each other the minute we said I DO.

Then May 17 1975 we created a beautiful baby girl, named Chloe. We raised her well, for she is now a wonderful role model to all of her students at Theodore High. She loves you dearly, and wants me to tell you that you were such an inspiration to her, and impacted her life so much.

You and I have been madly in love for 42 magical years and counting. Living together, always being happy, rarely fighting, I love you more than you will ever know.

However, November 28, 2011 you were diagnosed with Alzheimers, scaring all who loved you. Forgetting your childhood, your family, our love for each other, and practically your entire life. Day by day your memory would slowly disappear. So as I walk into your room every morning just read this and know that I was your first and last love.

You once told me that you would do anything for me to just be happy, because my happiness meant more to you then your own life. But, at this exact moment, I would give anything for you to just recognize my face. I just hope that one day you will look at me and say, "Hi Rachel," as if you never forgot who I was. I have grown to realize that my little dream is never to come true. This condition is permanent, and it kills me to know that you will never be able to kiss me like you love me, or even just look at me with those beautiful hazel eyes like you used to.

I still am and always will be madly in love with you. And although you have no memory of our 42 spectacular years together, those memories will never vanish from my mind. I think about you day and night, shedding a tear every time I think about what has happened. I will never stop loving you, even if you don't love me. I will never forget you, or all the great times we had together. I lived an excellent life with you always by my side and nothing could have made it any better. You complete me and made my life beyond amazing. Never will I forget my soul mate, my other half, my Jason Andrew Raymond.








Love Always,











Your wife,

Rachel Raymond

The author's comments:
My Grandfather is going through Alzheimers right now, so my Grandma is going through this. Its devastating, but its reality.