Just a Kiss on the Cheek | Teen Ink

Just a Kiss on the Cheek

By Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri
Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri

"I cry a tear in the ocean. The day you find it will be the day i stop missing you."

Time stops as you walk past; I stare and smile because you look just perfect to me. I don’t care what anyone else says. You’re the only one that makes me smile when you kiss my cheek. Some people say it’s just because you are something new, but I think it is about time I got something new. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning, and you’re the new shiny toy.
You treat me like I’ve never been treated before. With a kiss on the cheek in front of your friends when you are leaving, just to show them that I’m your girl. When I’m cold you take your jacket off and put it on me, even though you are freezing in that short sleeve shirt. Holding my hand and pulling me close, but still treating me with respect, which is one of the things I really like about you.
I deserve to be happy, just like you deserve to be happy too. A kiss on the cheek is so much more than just a kiss. To a girl it’s the delicate start of something beautiful. It shows the true feelings of a man. The smallest little things that a guy does is the most powerful.

Therese GOLD said...
Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri

Thank you i am glad you like it :)

Evelynn Bell said...
This is a really great peice! you have a strong talent And you should bottle that talent and run. dont let anybody hold you back from what could be the greatest thing in ur life :)

Therese GOLD said...
Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri

Thank you so much :)

Athena19 SILVER, Central Point, Oregon

'Love people. Cook them tasty food.' -Penzey's Spices

that was really sweet! thank you for making me smile :)

Emjolie8 GOLD said...
Emjolie8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
-anonymous

I very much like this piece. It really shows the feelings of the character. But I think the part I like the most is at the end where it bacicly says, a kiss is not just a kiss but shows the feelings of a man. And that the smallest things are the most important. Nicely done. If you want you can check out my work