Love is Patient, Love is kind | Teen Ink

Love is Patient, Love is kind

By KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

I wake up in a very comfortable bed on a Monday morning. I look over to my right and see a strange machine beside me. To my left I see David with his head down on the railing of my bed. I look around and realize that I’m in a hospital bed. I look in front of me and see my parents asleep on the couch. I lay there for a moment and stare at the ceiling.

‘What am I doing here?’ I think to myself. I look at my body and see there is no harm down that I can see. I nudge David’s head a little. He sheepishly looks up at me, and it was like lightning struck him. He burst into tears and wrapped his arms around me.

“What am I doing here?” I ask him as his arms constrict me.

“You scared us to death.” He says sniffling as he cries on my shoulder.

“What happened?” I say softly lifting his head with my finger tips.

“Y-you were in a c-car acc-cident a-and hit your he-ead,” David says stuttering though his tears.

“What?” I say whipping away his tears. I observe myself again quickly, and I see no signs of injury.

“Katie, you were in a coma for a month.” David says before bursting into tears again. My parents wake up and embrace me. A little while later, my parents leave David and I alone again.

“Katie, I never thought I’d see those beautiful eyes again.” He says as he sits at the edge of my bed beside me.

“David,” I said before bursting into tears. He takes me in his arms and runs his fingers through my hair.

“I was scared I would never hear you say my name again, I was scared I would never get a hug again,” he pauses for a moment and looks deep into my eyes, “I was scared I would never get to feel your kiss again.”

“I’m sorry David.” I said with tears rolling down my face. He whips them away, and softly presses his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.

“Don’t be sorry, at least I can now.” He says kissing my forehead and holds me in his arms.