Our Story... | Teen Ink

Our Story...

June 10, 2012
By KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina
24 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11


Brylee Grace Rogers was just your average teenage girl with a good family, and awesome friends, but Brylee wanted more. She wanted someone to love her. She wanted to feel the love she saw in movies or read in Nicholas Sparks Books. Brylee longed for that love, but it seemed like she would never get it.

At the age of 17, she had given up on that love story years ago. That was until she met Noah Smith. Noah was a great guy. He had a good family, and he was very caring. He immediately fell head over heels in love with Brylee.

Brylee had given up on love a long time ago, and was very doubtful when Noah asked her out on a date. Noah took her on a picnic by the local lake, and they watched the sunset.

After that night, Brylee started believing in love again, and fell in love with Noah. They worked good together. She helped him overcome his parents divorce, and he taught her how to love again. 7 months after they began to date, Noah took Brylee back to the lake where they had their first date.

“Brylee, I’ve got something to tell you.” Noah says with a nervous voice. Brylee’s eyes widened with fear. ‘No, don’t let this be over’ she thought to herself.

“Wh-What is it?” she says with a shaky voice. He takes her hand in his and looks deep into her eyes.

“Brylee, I’ve known this for a long time, and I think it’s time I tell you…” Noah starts to say, but Brylee takes off running across the side of the lake.

“Brylee?” Noah says running after her. She is running away with tears in her eyes.

“BRYLEE STOP!” he says gaining speed, and he finally catches up to her.

“No-Noah, pl-please don’t tell me it’s o-over!” she says crying hysterically.

“Brylee, no, no, no, baby come here,” Noah says taking her hands and sitting beside her on the lake side.

“Then what is it?” she says with a confused voice.

“Brylee, I love you.” he says.

“I love you too.” she says wrapping her arms around him tightly. They hold onto one another for what seems like forever.

3 years later Noah and Brylee are still together, and are now engaged when their relationship comes to a screeching hault.

“I’m sorry to tell you that you have stage 4 Breast Cancer, and the cancer has spread to your brain.” the doctor says. Noah feels like his world has ended. Brylee bursts into tears.

“How long do I have?” she asks quietly.

“6 months at the most,” the doctor replies, “I’m so sorry.”

“Noah, we have to get married now.” Brylee says taking his hands.

“Wh-what?” he asks with a confused expression.

“Noah, we have to get married NOW!” she says louder.

“Okay.” he replies, and within 3 days, they had a wedding. They said their vows, and the doctor’s released her for the honeymoon. One week later, she asked if she could stay at home. The doctor’s discharged her, and she spent the rest of her days at home with Noah.

It still hadn’t hit Noah that his wife, the love of his life, was dying. One night while lying in bed, Brylee tells him to do something strange.

“Noah, when I die, promise me you’ll find love again.” she says quietly as he holds her in his arms.

“Okay, anything to make you happy.” he says quietly.

The weeks passed by, and Brylee only grew weaker and weaker. Soon she was bed ridden. One morning when Noah brings her breakfast, she starts talking.

“Noah, this is it, I see the angels.” Brylee says smiling.

“Brylee? No, no, no.” he says dropping her food on the floor and rushing to her side.

“Noah, I love you with all my heart, and please don’t forget our promise.” Brylee says softly while he holds her hand.

“I love you too Brylee.” he chokes out through tears. A peaceful look overcomes Brylee’s face, and a feeling of peace spreads throughout the room.

“I love you Brylee.” Noah says softly one last time.


The author's comments:
Just wrote this a few minutes ago. I hope you guys like it!