Lucia | Teen Ink

Lucia

July 22, 2012
By Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia
Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia
39 articles 12 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love dosn't end. <3
"I am a great housekeeper: Every time I lose a man I get his house!!" ~Zsa Zsa Gabor


My sweet Lucia,

I am so happy that I am here in Greece which is like no other country in the entire world! I sat in a café and watched a group of old men playing some kind of game with dominos for hours and hours on end! I wish you had come with me. I think you would’ve loved the food, the wine, the culture, maybe even the music and the dancing. I know you hate to dance but I would have made you join just like at our wedding. I miss you so much and I wish that you would have said yes to coming with me.







Sincerely, Greg

My darling Lucia,

I’m lucky I didn’t leave town before your letter came, I almost missed it. I don’t understand why you sound upset. You said this would be civil and I was just doing the civil thing and writing my wife a postcard. Is there something wrong with that? I’m in the same small town for a few days. Apparently old men play the same game here too!







Sincerely, Greg

Lucia,

I am very upset with you. You have hurt me. No men playing with the dominos today.







Greg

My dearest Lucia,

I am so sorry I wrote and sent that last postcard. I regretted it as soon as I put it in the mailbox. I am not a coward nor am I running away from this. I am here for business and that is what I am going to do.







Sincerely and apologetic, Greg

My Lucia,

I hope Thomas and Margaret are doing fine and I send them love. I want to come home but I can’t. Not until I settle with myself what my untimely fate will be. I can’t stand losing you or the kids. I will be here for a couple days. The men invited me to play dominos with them and I enjoyed it immensely.







Sincerely, Greg

Dear Lucia,

I wish this could be settled easier than court. I wish we could just say it and be done with it. But I know that I would still have run away to Greece. I wish you still felt the same way about me and I wish the kids did too. I wish you and the kids were here to experience this magical place one last time. I wish I never changed.







Greg

Lucia,

The men gave me their dominos today. I just wanted to say I love you, Lucia. And I’m coming home.







Greg


The author's comments:
From postcard prompt. Only allowed six sentences each postcard. Also had to pick a picture. Picture of men supposedly from Greece playing dominoes in the streets.