It Was Fate | Teen Ink

It Was Fate

By Juliana cortez BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Juliana cortez BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

“Will you, Angelica marry me?” announced Matthew. “Yes, yes I will”, replied Angelica. Tears were running down her face like the flow of a river. Until, she was awakened by the tone of her phone. She leaned in towards it and the name Oscar popped up. Her face dropped in agony when she realized it was all a dream. The man she truly loved was not the man she would soon marry.
Angelica had always been in love with Matthew, she just never admitted it to anyone. She was soon going to marry Oscar, a very wealthy man. Her mother was on her way to get her so she could get her wedding dress. After all, her mother was the reason she was going through with the marriage. “Mom, I’m not sure if I’m doing the right thing” said Angelica. “Be quiet, all you think about is yourself, forget about Matthew and marry Oscar” replied her mother. Angelica wasn’t brave enough to stand up to her mother and tell her how she really felt.
“You’re still going through with this stupid wedding?” asked Bethany, her best friend. “Yes, I have no choice, I haven’t seen Matthew in years anyways and Oscar’s a good guy” replied Angelica. ”Yeah, but you don’t really love him like you love Matthew” Bethany said. Angelica didn’t want to talk about it anymore so she just got her dress and went home to an unexpected surprise.
“Matthew, what on earth are you doing here?!” exclaimed Angelica. “I love you, I’ve never stopped loving you, and I can’t let you marry him” he replied. The two hadn’t seen each other in years, but at that exact moment Angelica realized she loved him. Now was the time to stand up to her mother. Angelica and Matthew quickly approached her mother and Oscar. “Oscar, I’m in love with Matthew, I can’t marry you” she said. Her mom’s face quickly turned as red as an apple.
Angelica and Matthew grasped each other’s hands and ran off before her mother could say anything. They got married that same night and proved it’s never too late to be with the one you truly love.

JuiceyGirl said...
JuiceyGirl, Draper, Utah

There is beauty in everything, just not everyone sees it.

Really good storyline, but for such a deep message it was over too quickly for me.