How I Would Impress A Girl | Teen Ink

How I Would Impress A Girl

By Sam095 BRONZE, Beals, Maine
Sam095 BRONZE, Beals, Maine

If you were trying to impress a really cute guy or girl, how would you do it?

So, there I sit, minding my own business, probably drinking something, more than likely off in a daze, a trait I inherited from my mother, when I’m suddenly snapped from my reverie. The subject of my disturbance walks into the D&D’s, as shyly as she is stunning. My stomach ties itself into a perfect bow around the heart I’m all ready to present to her. Now I’m faced with the question. Do I go after her? Do I let her go? How do I get her to notice me? Boom, the thought pops into my head, it’s go time.

When she ordered her drink, a Coffee Coolatta, whipped cream, just like me, I realized that we must be soul mates. I wait until she goes to the table with the straws and other coffee essentials, then I get up to make my move. I have my note. It has my number, and says, “call me maybe.” She’ll probably get the humor. I’ll tell her that she dropped something, and when she looks down, I’ll pick my note off of the ground saying, “your smile.” With my own cheeky smile, I would hand it to her, and turn, leaving the building. She’d call me, or these days text, and we would fall madly in love.

Now what would actually happen? While walking over to the table to talk to her, I would most likely trip, throwing my coolatta. Knowing my luck, it would hit her directly in the middle of her luscious locks, running down her back. She would turn, utterly disgusted with the world, to see me right there, already standing with 300 billion napkins, trying frantically to clean everything up, apologizing no less than 100 times. Perhaps somewhere in the midst of this commotion, she would see my klutzy charm, or perhaps she would pity me, but she may forgive me. We would talk through the clean up, then I would still, intrepidly, ask for her number. And that, my readers, is how I would gain a new friend. Not girlfriend, friend.

For English class, we were asked to respond to one of four questions, and do a quick write for it. The question at the start of my piece is the prompt I choose. I decided I would write using what my life is like as a base!

cuckoo_for_cocoa_puffs SILVER, Superior, Colorado

"We are not Africans because we are born in Africa; we are Africans because Africa is born in us"- Chester Higgins Jr.

Hmm quirky in a good way :)

atimm2013 SILVER, Hartselle, Alabama

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

best ending line ever!

Paige4699 GOLD said...
Paige4699 GOLD, Jackson, Rhode Island

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Really good! The beginning was  a little rushed in confusing, but i loved the rest! Using the two comparrison paragraphs was a great idea, and a better choice to put them in the order you did.. Really great writing, keep going! Could you please read my short story, Sam <3? Thanks :)