Not Dancing | Teen Ink

Not Dancing

By Deep-Blue-Sea SILVER, Choctaw, Oklahoma
Deep-Blue-Sea SILVER, Choctaw, Oklahoma

"Ask me no queations and I'll tell you no lies."

As the music played slow and soft. The two clasped each other and started dancing. If you could call it dancing. It was so far beyond mear dancing. Every turn and step was in perfect harmony with the music. They where like the beautiful prince and princess from a story. They looked so beautiful together. I envied the blonde haired girl who was as beautiful and graceful as an angel. She could have any guy she wanted... And she took him. a pang of sorrow hit my heart because out of all the guys in this room there she was dancing with my prince. But who was to refuse a prince and princess so right for each other. I was nothing like her. She was so perfect. Her perfect blonde hair, her perfect blue eyes, her perfect ballerina body. We we nothing like each other. I turned away I couldn't stand to bare to see the beautiful passionate kiss that couldn't stand that was sure to come. A tear threatened to fall down my cheek. I started walking towards the door because the pang in my heart was crushing me from the inside. I would have left too but before i reached the door a cool hand grasped mine pulling me close. My prince had left his princess to come dance with a commoner. My head fell just under his chin and I could hear his heart beat. "wait" I called trying to wriggle free. "I can't dance!" "Fine by me" he didn't let me go, but we did stop moving. He held me close and we stood like this for a moment. Till I could stand it no longer. And blushed as I broke the silence. "what are we doing?" "were not dancing." Those simple words calm and cool made my heart skip a beat. We stayed like this, not dancing, for quite a while.

Deep-Blue-Sea SILVER, Choctaw, Oklahoma

Tell me if you like it. I have always enjoyed writing little stories like this since I was little so I'd like to know what you think.

forestfawn said...
forestfawn, Portland, Oregon
I enjoy your writing, but I beleive your grammar was incorrect at the end when you said "were not dancing". The correct form of that would be "we're* not dancing".