What We Call Reality | Teen Ink

What We Call Reality

December 24, 2012
By theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
My quotes affect my life. That is why i have a different one each day.


We spent the night at his lake house. It was the best day ever. I loved him and he loved me. Everything was like a dream until 8:30 this morning, when we went back to what we call reality.

"Rise and shine William, lets get this show on the road!" Will and I woke up quickly. Reflexively Will's arm went over my body to keep me away from the intruder. We finally realized it wasn't an intruder, but Styles. He sat at the end of the bed with a shirt in his hand. I rubbed my eyes to try and focus better."Styles what are you doing here," Will said. He still had his hand on me. "Uh I said I was going to keep in touch." He threw the shirt at Will."Now get dressed lover boy, we have lots of work to do." All of a sudden I was on high alert. "Wait,what is going on? Does this have to do with what you guys talked about last night?" A short silence fell in the room.Will nodded his head at Styles,he spoke. "I was at home last night playing Xbox, when Elijah came over. He was looking for you." My stomach felt like it turned sideways."W-what why?What did he say?" Will looked at me before saying,"He has some sort of deal to make with you." I looked at both of them,"What's the plan then?" Styles looked at Will."You can tell her this part." I looked at him with concern."Styles and I are going to talk to Elijah. Find out what his deal is. But I've decided that you aren't going to come with-" I was bewildered."What you can't do that, he wants to talk to me you can't just not take me." Will grabbed my hand."This is our safest bet. If you come Allison might have an ambush plan. Besides no one knows where you are, it's best you stay here." I wanted to say more but then he says,"Please don't be mad. Lets talk downstairs." I looked down at our hands, his thumb was stroking mine.It soothed my nerves."Okay." Will got out of bed, put the shirt Styles had thrown at him and walked out the door. I looked up,Styles was still there. "Styles....I need to get dressed," I said. He squinted at me." Are you wearing pajama bottoms young lady?" I rolled my eyes and stood up out of bed. I was wearing shorts.

Walking down stairs Styles and Will were talking," Are you sure she'll stay here today? We can't have them knowing where she is." Styles said. "Look, I'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe." I had walked in the kitchen when they turned and looked at me." So I stay here all day doing nothing. So much for romantic." Styles made a face," Oh yeah how did that go last night,hmmm?" We both gave him a look before returning our gazes to each other. "It will only be for a few hours.I'll call you when we are done." I looked at the both of them then nodded. He kissed me on the forehead and went upstairs to get dressed. I walked over to Styles. He looked at me curiously. " What ?" I looked at him more serious then before. "I don't you guys getting hurt because of me. It's not fair." Styles played with an apple from the bowl before saying," Will and I won't get hurt. And if we do," he looked at me," It's worth it. Liz you're like my little sister and I'd do anything for you just like Will." We heard Will coming down the stairs. "Okay let's do this." I walked them to the door. Before they walked out the door,I gave Styles a hug and I kissed Will. I didn't care that Styles was watching. He kissed me with the same meaning;Stay safe, I will miss you too. When we finally broke away we were breathing heavy.Our foreheads still pressed together, I whispered,"I love you Will." he kissed my forehead and whispered," I love you too."

They left at 9:00. I checked my phone 1:00 and no call. I looked around the room and sighed.

*Will and Styles walked into the cafe and saw Elijah sitting at a table drinking coffee. He motioned for them to come sit. "Well the two heroes show up and no damsel in distress with you?" "Aye now she doesn't call you a big bad wolf," says Styles. Elijah gave him a playful look," but aren't I?" Styles smiled back, "no you're more of the puppet being strung along by Allison." Elijah's smile faded. Will spoke up," so what's this deal?" Elijah took a sip of his coffee,"Well you see, the deal is for Liz not you to chuckle heads,sorry it is none of you business." Will's grip tightened on his chair. "When you try to make a deal with my girlfriend,it becomes my business." Styles looked at him." I hope that proves our point." Convincingly Elijah spoke,"Alright here it goes. We need Liz and for an exchange in that we wont kill her after. Will and Styles looked at each other. "Yes, well while you ponder that moment,I'm excusing myself to go to the bathroom." He stood an walked away but turned to come back. "Oh and if you try and leave," he pointed," Derek and his buddy are going to stop you." Walking away Will and Styles were left alone." What do we do Will? You know we can't agree to that." Will looked down contemplating," I'm going to call Liz and fill her in."

"Hey I've been freaking out over here what is going on," I said. Will spoke but in a very concerned voice," Elijah says they want you and if you don't agree then...," he broke off. "What Will?" My anxiety became to increase, "what?" Will spoke softly," they will kill you.Now Liz you know that they won't stick to there word." " I know, and they don't know where I am right now so do the right thing Will. Say no." I could here relief in his voice." I'll be home soon, I love you." I smiled "I love you too."

*Will turned around and saw Elijah sitting back at the table with Styles. "Was that her?" Elijah says after drinking some more. "Yes it was and she says,no deal." The atmosphere in the room became hostel. Looking down at his cup Elijah spoke," you know I thought at least she would be smart enough to not sign her own death certificate.But no,no you see your being the smart one Will." Styles looked at Will then back at Elijah," What do you mean by that?" Elijah's smile returned. " You know what I'm talking about Styles,he told you what he was doing. Your his best friend." "Yeah I don't follow,"said Styles. Elijah looked at him and spoke more hoarsely this time."You took Liz and put her in your cabin. Now, we are going to see how well she can fight for her life." Will and Styles looked at each other then saw Derek get in his car and drive away. "You can't do that. You need her and if you kill her then she is no use." Will was practically screaming. " No you see we can actually use her dead or alive. She'll be more cooperative dead." Styles slid his phone into Will's hand. ' On three I'll flip the table and you take troll No.2.' Will nodded. Three seconds later the table flipped and No.2 was out and Will and Styles sped towards the house."Keep calling her until she picks up."

I got of the shower and changed into Wills shirt and shorts. I picked up my phone, 7 missed calls from Styles. Just then my phone rang again. " Hey Styles what's u-" " Liz you need to get out of there now. Elijah and Derek are coming to kill you." I went numb. "okay were do I meet you?" " Go back to the school it will be unlocked. And Liz hurry!" I hung up the phone shoved it in my back pocket, grabbed my duffel bag and headed downstairs to the basement.Unlocking a cupboard downstairs I grabbed the bows and arrows and ran back upstairs. Hearing a car door slam I turned out the lights and pulled out my bottle of darts. Hiding behind a wall the front was kicked open. "Find her but bring her to me before you do anything," Elijah said. "Why? You still have fillings for her. Allison is going to kill you if she finds out," Derek laughed. "Shut up. I hate that ****. Besides if I can't have her then no one can." The footsteps separated, one set going upstairs,the other towards me. By the sound of the heaviness of footsteps it was Derek that was coming to me. He walked into the room just passed me,not noticing. I snuck up behind him and slammed the dart into his back. Seven seconds later he was fast asleep on the floor. Elijah came running down the stairs. " She has to be here, her bag it right-. Liz so nice to see you again." I had the dart placed like an arrow in my bow,ready to shoot. " Now we both know you won't do that." he took a step closer. " You don't know anything about me. Not anymore." "I know you are madly in love with Will and you have a brotherly love for Styles. You don't have much family and you are an expert in archery. But that's because I taught you." I looked at him cold in his eyes."You didn't teach me ****." I shot the arrow and it landed right in the middle of his chest. He hit the floor with a thud. I walked past him. "Sleep tight."

"Where is she it's been half an hour already?" Styles was just as anxious as Will had been. "That's it I'm going after her." Will walked up to the door when he got a call, Answering it he put me on speaker. "Liz where are you?" " I'm outside but the door is locked." Styles took the phone," Go to the gym doors we will meet you there." "Okay." They ran to the gym and cautiously opened the door.I wasn't there. They shut the door. " okay put a brick here, I'm going to go outside around the corner and look for her." Styles patted him on the back," I'm your look out." Silently Will and Styles slid out the door, put a slender block down and cautiously walked to the corner of the building. Slowly they peered around the corner, and gasped in surprise. I jumped back surprised too. My bow was only inches from his face. I hugged him in relief. Styles took a bow and a container of arrows.Will hugged me tight," thank god you are alright." I ran my hands through my hair." Okay Elijah and Derek are pasted out on the floor at the lake house." Styles looked up alarmed," Wait,you killed them?" "No I knocked them out with the darts." He smiled, "that's hot." Smiling I looked at them, " I hope you two came up with a plan." Walking past them I walked into the gym to get warm. "Well we've only got this far."

Splitting up we each took a level of the school making sure it was safe. Styles the main, me the second and Will the third. Keeping each other on speaker we stayed in contact."Why is it that I'm on the main floor?" Styles said. "Because you said you didn't want to take a chance on getting trapped upstiars." Will responded. I could tell he was concentrating on his level. "I looked around the last room before saying," Second level is all cleared." "Third level is all cleared as well." " Main level's good to go. Where do we meet?" My stomach growled, "cafeteria. I need to eat something." We meet downstairs and made a plan on where to go. Everything was slowly getting back to normal when we heard the sounds of a door being ripped open and the evil call from Elijah. " Little Pigs, Little Pigs let me in!"

To be continued.....


The author's comments:
Continuing from Just the Two of Us.