"I Know" | Teen Ink

"I Know"

By stillheartless PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
stillheartless PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon

"I love you. I love you. I send this message through my fingers and into his, up his arm and into his heart. Hear me. I love you. And I'm sorry to leave you." -Jenny Downham

6:02
"I should go."
He stares at the ceiling. "I know."
6:05
"Really, I should go."
He stares at the ceiling. "I know."
6:13
"I need to be at work soon."
He keeps staring. "I know."
6:37
"I'm leaving. You need to be at work by 8, remember?"
Staring. "I know."
"Don't forget to lock up."
"I know."
"Stop saying that."
"I'm sorry."
"Yeah, I know."
6:39
He curls up in the bed, thoughts racing. Maybe, if he lays here long enough, he'll feel like he belongs here. But he needs to get home. He's got someone waiting for him there.

It's mostly just about a guy who is cheating on his girlfriend with a girl from his work, and it's become a regular thing.

spiraling SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"A popped bubble can never be unpopped"
"Never regret what you cant take back"

LOVE the concept but I never would have known what it was about if you didn't put it in the description. The way you conveyed the message could be better but I love the idea and the dialoge.

AliceTheZombie, Buffalo, New York

"...In fact, most of the time we felt like lobster in a boiling pot of water. Seemed like that was what we were, though. Being left to sweat, killed slowly, and then finally eaten with a side of butter." (From my novella about zombies)

**Either. :P Sorry

AliceTheZombie, Buffalo, New York

It's a really cool concept, with just the dialogue 'n all, but it seems a bit vague. It's cool how it is vague, but with out the describtion, it just seems like a depressed guy to me with no motivation. Ever way, keep goin' at it! :D Cheers.