3 years | Teen Ink

3 years

By xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida
xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -Bruce Lee

The pain was unbearable. Gone. Gone from me, just like that. What had I done? I was only honest and told him my fears, my troubles. Before that we were best friends. I told him everything. 1 year went by and we were growing closer and closer. We always talked and texted. We never went a day with out at least having a small conversation.

I asked him for advice everyday. On family, friends, boyfriends. Everything as perfect between us and I felt something else. I began to have feelings for him. I started noticing these small things. His dirty-blond hair, him taller than me, his blue eyes, his strong hold.

2 years go by and now we consider each other best friends. He tells me everything. He’s the only person on the Earth to know everything about me. Things began to escalate. We started having conversations like this:

Him: Good morning beautiful :)

Me: Hey. Morning :) you think I’m beautiful?

Him: Of course. (:

Me: Aww you’re to sweet.

Him: I know I know ;)

Me: I miss you. Will I see you today?

Him: Of course. I wouldn’t miss a day without seeing you. <3

Our conversations became more like this and I really liked that. Things were perfect between us. But I always wondered why he liked me. I’m short, dark hair, almost black, dark brown eyes, tan skin. All of that may sound good, but on me, I didn’t think so. He was the perfect guy. He was perfect for me. Only me. And I wanted him. Now more than ever.

3 years later and things were the most perfect. 3 years after knowing him I fell in love with him. He was the guy for me. My prince charming. We had a conversation that changed everything…

Me: hey, um, I need to tell you something….

Him: is everything okay?
Me: yeah.. I think so..

Him: what’s wrong?

Me: well I’ve had time to think and um… i have something to say… you are the perfect person ever. I couldn’t dream of life without you. I need you here. But, I’m in love with you. I can’t hold this in. I had to tell you… I love you.

Him: ….I love you too.

This sparked our love. It grew and grew. After about 3 and a half years later, things began to get complicated between us. He would go out with friends and I would be left behind. His friends loved me but I know that they needed their guy time. Though I missed him he needed to get away.

The next few weeks went by and him and I had our conversations again. Things were better between us. Until I introduced him to my friend, Megan. That’s when things went in the wrong direction. At first, they seemed like good friends until I saw their messages between each other. They had been going behind my back and flirting. It broke my heart. My friend would always say ‘I’m sorry’ but I never believed her.

I was always in tears. I’d cry myself to sleep. I missed him and he was stolen from me. That’s when I began to turn things around. I told him I needed him in my life. I said I’m not going to stand in the background and watch you get taken from me when I’m the ne who loves you. That was like a smack in the face to him since he then did all kinds of stuff after that.

He called me ugly and said he didn’t love me anymore. Told me was worthless. He continued to flirt with my friend. Behind my back. Dated her. Broke my heart. He is what tore me apart. Made me never able to love again. It’s hard to say I love you to someone else when he still lingers in my mind. And all I can say, and want to say to him, is…

I love you…

This is actually true...

SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

I kno how you feel all though i never had a boyfriend...... i have had my heart brokenl ike this numerous of times......... :( srry

don't be afraid to fall in love. I have a oyfriend now and he means the world to me. he's teaching me how to love again. Just figure out the right person to fall in love with.

kindlegirl GOLD, Iberia, Missouri

signing off as usual kindlegirl

In your quote you said that 'lall this was true. TRy for every girl in the world. Just find love. He may have cracked your heart,but your the only one who can 're sill it.... there's love for every one in the world... Good Luck

Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia

Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.

this is why im scared to fall in love.......

Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah

There is beauty in everything, just not everyone sees it.

This seemed somewhat choppy to me, and more of like a quick journal entry. I love the story line! Just work  on making it more of a story that flows together and helps us to know what was going on, because we weren't there.