Inside The Mind of a Teenage Girl | Teen Ink

Inside The Mind of a Teenage Girl

By Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah
Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah

There is beauty in everything, just not everyone sees it.

Okay, there he is. Stay calm. Stay calm?! What am I saying?! Oh gosh.. He just smiled. I love that smile.
I love that smile.
Okay he's getting closer. What is he asks me how my weekend was? All I did was sit and play with my dog. Shoot I forgot to feed my dog...
HE'S GETTING CLOSER! I could have sworn he wore that sweatshirt last week. What am I going to say?! "Hey" can be a little bit to mellow.. "Hi" sounds like you know, I'm high. There's the classic "Hello." Oh no! Stop walking! PLEASE I'M NOT READY!
Maybe I should stop walking? Go for the classic "I need to bend down and tie my shoe" look? No he would know. He's so smart. He's so cute.. Oh! the hey/hi/hello! Okay... On the count of 3... 1... 2.. 3..
"Hello." I said with a smile. He smiled back. HE SMILED BACK?! HE SMILED BACK!
Oh my goodness I'm going to pass out! I am so good. You can call me "Empress of Coolness." Bow down to me. Go ahead.
Crap. I said hello?! My voice sounded so low he probably thought I was one of his guy friends. Then he looked up and BAM it's a woman. I'll have to practice that later. Maybe I sounded so un-enthusiastic that he won't even want to talk to me anymore. Oh my gosh I'm going to throw up. What was I thinking?! Hello?! HELLO?!
Why don't they have a handbook or something on this? I mean, for real, us girls could use a little help, yet none has been given. The guys have the easy job. I mean, they move their head slightly upward and twitch one side of their mouth up and it's considered an acceptable greeting. But we girls, we have the hard part.
At this point, it's more likely I am kissed by a moose than that beautiful boy talking to me again.
Why is my life so hard?... Okay it's not so hard. But still!
I need to start reading up on cats. Why, you ask? Because I'm never going to get married. Because I can't say hello. Because he walked too fast. Because my shoe was tied. Because my voice is too low.
Excuse me while I go and crawl into a hole and call for my crazy cat lady starter kit.

This is a silly piece that gave people a peek inside my brain of what happens when I like a boy.

Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

SO AWESOME! I loved your creativity!

JPanda13 GOLD said...
JPanda13 GOLD, Roswell, New Mexico

just cuz you put syrup on somin dont make it pancakes
Whoever said sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me, had never been hit with a dictionary

o....m.....g...this was pure genius and i loved it

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

true true true!!