New Beginnings | Teen Ink

New Beginnings

By sammondrosch BRONZE, West Hills, California
sammondrosch BRONZE, West Hills, California

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

Prologue:
The rain was coming down hard, and I dreaded the moment I had to open the door and run through the freezing rain. I shifted my head to take another look at him.
“Well…here we are.” I said with a sigh. He stared back at me. A corner of his mouth tilted up, giving my heart another flutter. A feeling I only got with him. He unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned towards me, his hands trapping my face only a few inches from his. His piercing blue eyes burned a hole into mine.
“I could gaze into your eyes forever.” He whispered. I snorted and smiled.
“You are so lame.” He winked and returned my smile. We sat that way for a moment longer, grinning at each other, until he leaned closer and pressed his lips to mine.
“I love you. More than I ever dreamed possible. It would take the world and more to keep me from you.” He gently pressed his forehead to mine, never breaking his gaze.
“Will.” I whispered.
“Savannah.” He replied. I kissed him gently, once more, then opened the car door and ran through the rain, feeling his eyes watching me as I put more and more distance between the only boy I’ve ever loved.