Run ins | Teen Ink

Run ins

By Megsly625 BRONZE, Windham, New Hampshire
Megsly625 BRONZE, Windham, New Hampshire

"Life is about falling, living is about getting back up."
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
"Live life as if you'll die tomorrow. Dream as if you'll live forever."

Remember those days that seem to last forever, when your friends are either not in school or are not hanging out with you, or those times when your teachers are deciding to be really obnoxious. I have had a lot of those days, believe me, A LOT. Those days when you keep your head down and nobody even tries to talk to you, those days when you just want to curl up in a cry. Well, today was one of those days. It was close to fourth period and I hadn’t talked to a single soul all day. I didn’t want anything to do with anyone anyway. My longtime crush had just decided to go off and date another girl a few days after I told him my feelings and I just decided that I was done. Done with life, done with school, done with everything. People hated me for reasons unknown and my grades had started suffering because of my lacking ability to stay focused. I was getting headaches and stopped caring about what I looked like, coming to school in practically my pajamas for the past week. My life was falling into a deep, dark hole filled with loneliness and self-pity that could ruin my life. The bell rand and I gathered up my books slowly and trudged out of the room. I looked like I had just died several times, and even that is being a little too nice. That’s when it happened, I didn’t look up to see where I was going and ran right into someone, which knocked me down and made all of my books and papers scatter across the floor.

“Ah, Lils, I’m so sorry, are you OK?” came a familiar voice. I went to a small school where everyone knew everyone else. I looked up to see the familiar blonde baseball player gathering some of my books and papers up for me.

“Oh, um, Pat, it’s OK, I can get that.” I said, still slightly shaken from the experience, but he just pushed my hand away shaking his head no.

“I knocked you over, so I will help you get back up.” He said, plain and simple. With all of my books and papers held in one arm, he gently grabbed my arm and pulled my up with the other and handed my all of my papers.

“By the way, Lils, you look nice today.” He said, flashing me that million dollar smile and striding away.

“I wonder how hard it was for him to say that?” I muttered to myself, walking to my next class, but I had to admit, after that encounter I was feeling a little happier inside.