A Fairy Love Story | Teen Ink

A Fairy Love Story

By Teddybear527 BRONZE, Kent, Washington
Teddybear527 BRONZE, Kent, Washington

Long ago, in a realm not part of our world,
Where flowers bloomed and birds chirped so heavenly.
Where unicorns and faeries ruled and the world was divided in two.
One portraying evil and the other good.
Lived a handsome young fairy named Zayn.
Zayn was wanted by many young fairy maidens, but wasn’t enticed by any.
Except one girl who charmed him, Chloe.
Chloe was sweet & kind.
Her eyes shined like stars, and her voice was as sweet as honey.
Now Zayn knew that a troll in the other part of the realm wanted her.
So he kept a look out for her every day, day and night, watched her sleep, & watched her rise as the sun did.
She was not one bit bothered, only because she wanted him too, but that was a secret he never knew.
So one day as they took a stroll around the park, out of nowhere sprung a troll.
Jumping out of a bush attacking, it was here for Chloe.
Now this was the same troll Zayn had said, who wanted to take his sweet Chloe away.
He was a green selfish atrocious creature with no heart. Known for lying, cheating, & stealing. No one in the kingdom wanted him even near them. They asked him no favors, nor spoke a word to him.
Grimsley was the name, and a wife was what he was so desperate for.
He was an assistant of the king, but on his days off he went to bet money with his troll friends on imprudent things.
One time they bet so much money that he could marry a beautiful fairy, use her magic, & keep her as a slave. So he agreed.
That is the reason that at this moment Grimsley’s actions were foolish.
As Zayn took out his sword the troll pounced and started clawing at him.
Chloe being the brave spring fairy she was, used her special abilities to overpower the trees. The trees wrapped around the troll, grasping him as tightly as a snake crushes its prey. & as quickly as lightning strikes and destroys anything in its way.
When her plan worked Zayn ran next to her and watched as Grimsley struggled to escape, but obviously no use.
“How dare you come to this side and think you can get away with this?!” Zayn said.
“Because I always get what I want!” the troll responded.
“You foolish coward, you were obviously mistaken!" “Not today and not ever!” Zayn said. And with that he ended the horrible creature’s life with a stab in the heart.
As Chloe stared down at the ground where the creature lay with his arms wide open, she grabbed Zayn’s hand and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.
He then smiled at her. “My sweet Chloe, my darling, never would I let anything happen to you” he said.
And with that not another word was said as they walked off into the sunset.

I wouldn’t say that writing is my most favorite subject, but I am proud of this piece of writing because it has a combination of 2 of my favorite genres, fantasy and romance. So this is why this piece of writing was something I did enjoy taking my time writing.