Still | Teen Ink

Still

By SimplyC PLATINUM, Council Bluffs, Iowa
SimplyC PLATINUM, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Be who you are and speak what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Can't we just lay here for a while? Try to stop the earth's rotation and stay in this moment forever? The wind doesn't have to blow, the sun doesn't have to shine, the water doesn't have to ripple. Only the stars have to stay put in their bath of blue-black, watery sky and keep us company in the stillness of the night. As long as you are by my side, I could care less whether or not I were to die in your arms right then and there. In fact, let us make the most of the life we have now and worry about dying later. It makes no difference at the moment, now that we are together in the world. So, let's go catch fireflies and watch fireworks shooting from the bays of lakes and wonder at the reflections of the spangled bursts of metallic chrome. And how about laying in the grassy plains of my backyard gazing at the endless amounts of shimmering seed-stars scattered about the universe, and ponder the depth of their seemingly infinite glory.
And then we can hold the earth by the thread of its life, and hold everything in absolute stillness until we are done with the night, which will be never. But, until then, let's love the other unconditionally.