Caught My Fall | Teen Ink

Caught My Fall

By CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia
CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia

"Once you have given up on the most important thing in your life, you begin to die, because then, you gradually lose your true self"~Hana Kimi
"Someone who can lie to themself. . . is lonely, and in pain"~Hana Kimi

She stood on the bench reaching up towards the sky. A purple tailed scarf danced upon her neck. White little fairies gracefully landed and collected on the ground in the young woman’s hand. Her bright red nose could have rivaled the lighthouse in the distance, shining from her whole face. Sweet cherry rubber boots adorned her feet, tinting the reflected landscape and pinkish hue. In the pink color, a small man stood. He wore a long wool overcoat reaching down to his calves and meeting black sturdy boots. He strolled over, growing bigger and bigger in her shoe’s reflection, slowly taking over, until the only thing to be seen were cherry pink and black boots, toe to toe.
The man in his small hat smiled in his eyes as he looked to the young woman with now frozen hands and a beautiful pale face. He reached around her to enveloped her icicle like fingers with his own wool covered furnaces. She was caught ungraded at the movement and slipped a bit, only crushing herself further into his embrace. She was not anywhere cold anymore. She was warm with a fire within her which raged rapidly roaring with desire.
“I caught you this time.” His voice gruffly breathed into her neck. She could feel his triumph and was slightly embarrassed that she had dropped her guard and allowed him to catch her. Then she was a little sad, after all, once he caught her he no longer owed her a debt. She dipped her head ever so slightly. Then the man caressed her chin with one hand, bringing her face slowly to his.
“The Lady should reward her savior.” He said holding onto her waist with one arm. Their noses, now a mere give apart shared the same breath before he said “I collect my prize”
Smiling the distance closed between them and the two held close to each other, warmth flowed between them contrary to the tundra around them. But all too soon the chaste kiss ended and they stood together foreheads touching, eyes closed, savoring the moment. Neither of them wanted any of it to end, but the cold bit at their skin.
“Mmm” the young woman hummed as she slowly opened her gaze. She saw the young man she loved instead of the boy who fell through the ice. She smiled a bit and looked at their intertwined hands.
“Let’s head back.” Hands still joined, he took the first step but misjudged the distance and started to fall. She caught him and slid to the ground.
“Looks like you owe me again.”
“What do you want for payment?”
She stood up, winked at him and said over her shoulder, “It won’t be that easy, you‘ll just have to stay by me until you save me again. Then I’ll be satisfied”
He smiled “As the lady commands, I shall obey.”
Together they walked, happy to know that they won’t be separated just yet. But they shouldn’t worry, the lovers have their whole life ahead of them, their world will not crumble at their tender age. Their story has just begun and the world they are about to receive

I wrote this for a friend of mine. She inspires me by simply being herself(and it helps that she challenges me to write things) Enjoy please! Also Criticism Welcomed!

Great job! I love the imagery and the revelation of the duo's relationship. Kudos. See you at the book fair :) Keep on emailing me stuff. This is fun :)