To Help My Love | Teen Ink

To Help My Love

By RosexPaws BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut
RosexPaws BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut

When she was alone and scared, he came to be. Well, he came to be so she could see him. She didn't like him immediatly but who else did she have? So they talked, he made snark jokes, she would get annoyed and yelled at him. She tried to ask questions and he brushed her off. They still stood by eachother.

The first time she cried was when everything changed. She cried and screamed and hurt, and he didn't know how to help. He yelled, he begged, but at the end when she ws numb and exhausted, he held her. The only thing she wanted him to do, starting calm tears to slowly drip down her face.

After that night, his jokes seemed less mean and her questions seemed less bothersome.She noticed his red hair was never brushed, or at least appeared so, and she liked it on him. He observed things she did and found it adorable. Their frienship had grown.

Nights came that she would be upset about a problem, he would pet her head and whisper, "It's gonna be okay". And when she fell asleep, he went to make his words truth, even though it took a piece of him when it was done.

The first time she got a boyfriend, he left. She cried and cried and demanded he come back. When he came throough the door he jumped on him. Crying and cursing, beating and hugging. He took it all, she asked "Why did you leave me?" Her voice thick from the tears. "I thought you didn't need me anymore" She cried more and told him that she'd always need him. With that she kissed him and him her. It was also the first time she fought for him and it wouldn't be the last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A year passed and the girl couldn't see him as well, until he was almost transparent. She asked and she was told "I put too much of myself into making you happy, now I have to go." But the girl being as stubborn as she was couldn't let him go. "F*** you you're not, you're staying with me!" So he changed, to stay with her.

He became taller, serious, and told her to call him a different name. She complied to make him happy, she did a lot to make him happy. She tried to joke, being cute, anything to get the old him through. For he laid by her and helped her, he still had changed.

He smiled randomly one day, and that was all it took, he held her. They talked, she doubted herself and he interviened. He doubted everything and she sowed him differently. They were back as one.

He was the one to choose his middle and last name, While she just smiled and agreed. They laid together and he said it, she stumbled in shock, but said it back, knowing she fully meant it. She's told him that she'd never fall in love, and he knew she meant it. But he knew that because of him, she loved himself a little bit more.

Time came again and he still tried to leave, but she wouldn't allow him. "Damn you, you're leaving me again!" He had left her when she tried to write abut him. And she wouldn't forgive or let him go. He smiled and held her as he changed and she slept.

Change had come again, but she didn't care, because he stayed. Though he was weaker. She couldn't see him entirely, and when she cried he passed through her. Forcing him t watch as he couldn't comfort his love. They danced and she couldn't look at him, for fear that she would see through him. She gave him her strength and he became stronger.

She got older and men had come and gone. But he stayed. "I'll leave you whenever you want me to or when you find him." That was the deal, and she didn't want to lose him. But she knew that he would never leave her, not really.

So a teenage girl lays in bed with the boy she loved, ailently crying. Because they can't ever be tuely together. How can you when nobody is able to see your love?

And so she wrote, him finally able to handle it. To tell anybody who would care about their love, in hopes that they'll see him too.